✳️Free Vodka✳️

✨ Skylar ✨

Skylar ✨

I'm dead.

I'm alive but I'm dead.

Do you know why?

Because today is the 5th of January.

In other words...

It's moving day.

Wonderful.

Just freaking peachy.

I glance at my mom to see her singing along to the cover of 'I'm A Believer' by Smash Mouth as she bounces her knee to the beat along with her fingers on the steering wheel.

I've gotten used to the sight of my mom smiling and just being happy in general. Her smile will never be unwelcomed.

I looked back to see my brother, Oliver playing a game of Sudoku in a thick book filled with different types of Sudoku challenges. He scribbles numbers in different blocks, checks it over then flips to a new page.

Keep in mind he's doing this all with a pen.

What a smart yet strange child.

I turned back to look at my finger where Marie was sitting. My ladybug friend.

It was kinda sad how a ladybug has been my first friend since we came here, but she looked pretty chill, so why not.

And I gave her a name so it's official.

Nature is way more better than these simple humans anyway.

"Ok, so I'm gonna ask one last time and you gotta be 148.98% honest with me here momma bear, are you sure the specimen we call Silas makes you feel happy and respected?" I ask referring to the man my mom married two weeks ago.

She glanced at me and sighed with an amused chuckle as she slightly shook her head in disbelief.

"Yes Miss Skylar, I am 148.99% positive he makes me feel happy and respected." She stated as she looked me in the eyes before looking back at the road.

"Are you sure? Because we can turn this car around and move to Russia where there's free Vodka for us poor, unfortunate souls." I joked teasingly but my fun got spoiled when Oliver spoke from the back.

"Firstly, there's no possible way we could get to Russia by car only Skylar, secondly, you're not of age to drink alcoholic beverages and thirdly, the Vodka there is not for free." He stated as he gave me a pointed look.

"Well firstly, I already drank alcohol in my lifetime with the permission of mother dearest of course, secondly, if you know a guy who knows a guy, you could certainly get free Vodka and thirdly, I'm sure that smart brain of yours could make getting to Russia by car happen Olive-oil." I replied using my nickname for him.