✳️Nasty Stuff✳️

✨ Skylar ✨

Skylar

When I walked into the classroom I almost covered my eyes from the bold colours that covered the walls.

The walls itself was painted in a dark brown but the art projects from previous students that were hung against them made up for it. There were even shelves at the back that held the art that took a more bigger form like different types of papier-mâché models.

I couldn't focus on the beautiful creations for long before I felt the prickly feeling of being watched. I lowered my eyes just to have them meet a pair of familiar Dodger blue.

Great. Just fucking wonderful.

I so badly wanted to pull my lips down into a grimace but remembered that we had to be stepsiblings that "love" each other so instead I smiled at him, teeth and all to which he just looked down at his phone with no emotion on his face.

I mentally shrugged as I let my eyes scan the room in search for an empty seat and eventually found one next to a girl that had bright pink hair. It was still unfortunately across from Caleb but it would have to do.

I sat down next to her as she glanced at me with bored eyes, she was also chewing a piece of gum and would blow a bubble before it popped before repeating the cycle. She kind of made me expect that she would tell me to find another seat or completely ignore me but to my absolute surpise she gave me a smirk and held her hand out.

"Riley, nice too meet ya." She introduced and I in return smile and shook her hand.

"Skylar, and I love the hair. The colour really suits you."

"Thanks and I love your attitude, especially at lunch break against the older Preston. You got confidence. No one else noticed but I could see that you two don't love each other as much as you say you do." She said as she gave me a more playful smile.

"Do you not like Caleb?" I questioned after being shocked that she noticed the bad blood between me and Dodger. I asked the question in a whisper with a tilt of my head as to make sure he doesn't hear us.

"The Preston twins are both meh I guess, everyone thinks they're people who need to be envied and loved but I don't see it. I mean sure, they're both smarter than anyone expected but I think it must be sad to have someone else's success be the highlight of your day. And the fact that they eat that shit up just makes it worse."

Yeah I've realised that, you would think that with them being popular football players they'd be stupid idiots with low IQ's, but they're actually super smart. Hell I found out that Levi's in the chess club and no one talks bad about it, infact they even admire him for it. But that doesn't mean they're saints, especially Caleb, I've catched word that he's a big manhoe. I expected it honestly.

"I just don't see the reason to drop down to my knees because they achieve or do things better than I do. I care and worry about my own achievements and being envious of others seems like a big fucking waste of time because it gets you nowhere. You have to decide to get off your own ass and do things you would be proud of and not for the sake of others. Doing things to gain favour and jealousy from other people instead of feeling pride for yourself feels like a big drag and honestly exhausting." She said as she rested her cheek on her palm.