Worry

***TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS OF MURDER AND PUKE***

Friday

Tony's POV

Nighttime in the Stark penthouse has always been silent for the most part. Usually, the only noise you'd hear is the sound of me slurping my coffee and the loud snoring of half of the Avengers.

The only loud area was my lab, but I always made it soundproof, so I wouldn't bother my wife. I mean, I couldn't care less about bothering the others, but there's no way in hell I'm waking Pepper up in the middle of the night. I learned my lesson the last time I forgot to soundproof the lab.

Peter had been leaving his internship early because his aunt needed him to be home by 5:00 everyday for a reason he won't tell me. I didn't want to invade his privacy, but this was random, even for Peter.

He's not even able to stay for dinner anymore. I've tried to fix him up something, at least a sandwich, for him to take on the ride home, but he kept refusing, saying his aunt had food for him already. I've even offered for Happy to give him a ride home to save his aunt, or her boyfriend, the trouble, but every time he said that his ride was already in the parking lot waiting for him. I would walk him out to the car, but paparazzi is everywhere and I don't want Peter getting mixed up with them.

Ever since Peter started leaving early, I've had this weird gut feeling that something is wrong. Peter seems to be fine though. He's gotten really tired, but he's also studying for finals too, so that's understandable. I can tell he's working hard, so he'll do great, I know it. I just can't help but worry about him.

I finish the last of what's in my coffee cup, so I head back to the kitchen to refill it. "Hey, FRIDAY, remind me to install a coffee machine for my lab please."

"Of course, sir," the Irish AI responds.

As the coffee brews, I lean against the counter and sigh. I look over at the blank living room TV and realize that I should probably take a break. I grab my cup, sit down on the couch, and quietly turn on the TV to get my mind off things. As I take a sip, the news reporter starts talking.

***T/W***

"Wanted criminal by the name of Steven "Skip" Westcott has escaped prison for the second time and police are searching for him as we speak. He is responsible for the murder of six young boys from across the state of New York-" I choked on my coffee when I saw a picture of the boyfriend of Peter's aunt.

***END T/W***

I quickly paused the TV, but I kept coughing loudly. After a while, I finally recovered from my choking mess and I just stared at the picture of Steven on the TV. My loudness apparently woke up Pepper and Natasha and they did not look too happy to see me.

"Tony, if you wake me up one more time, you can say goodbye to your precious laboratory," she waved her finger at me. "Hello?" she called as my gaze stayed on the screen.

Nat quickly analyzed the situation while Pepper remained oblivious. She stared at the paused screen with me and her mutter of an "Oh, sh**" finally got Pepper's attention.

I finally stood up and looked at the both of them.

"Don't call Peter," Pepper seemed to have read my mind. "That might make things worse. You don't know if Steven's with Peter or not, and if he is, calling him is basically digging his grave, so don't do it."

"You're right, but I can't just sit here and do nothing."

"Peter's not with Steven," Nat raised her hand.

"How would you know?" Pepper asked.

"I put a tracker on that kid a long time ago," we both gave her a shocked look. "You guys seriously seem to underestimate me," she rolled her eyes.

"Nat, please don't do anything illegal," Pepper rubbed her temples and sighed.

"Eh, wouldn't be the first time. Anyway, there's no other life forms in his apartment except for a little tiny one that's too small to be human, most likely a pet."

>_<

The three of us arrived at Peter's apartment, but Pep and I were the only ones to go inside.

Knock, knock!

We knocked on the door, but we didn't hear anything.

Knock, knock, knock!

Nothing.

Knock, knock, knock!

"Peter?"

Still nothing. I'm getting anxious.

Knock, knock-

We suddenly hear a little scratching at the door.

"Peter?! I'm coming in!" I kicked open the door to see a little orange cat staring at me with its head tilted. I awkwardly did a little wave.

"PETER? IT'S TONY. I SAW THE NEWS!" I called out.

***T/W***

Pepper and I walked down the hallway and saw the door to the bathroom open with Peter sitting with his knees to his chest, sniffling. I could tell by the stench that he had been throwing up.

***END T/W***

"Oh, kid." I immediately got down to my knees and hugged him and he just sobbed harder.

"Everything's gonna be okay, I promise."

A/N OMG IM SO BAD AT UPDATING IM SO SORRY 😭 IVE BEEN WORKING ALL SUMMER

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed!

Have an awesome rest of the day/night! 💕