The Test

Still Monday

Peter's POV

I head to my locker quickly. I've been trying to avoid Ned and MJ all day. I don't want to hear the mean words they might say. It was weird enough that I ran away when she told me, but facing her just might make me die from humiliation.

Suddenly, my locker slammed shut. I turned to see MJ glaring at me and Ned hiding behind her.

Welp, there goes my life. Maybe I'll have enough time to text my new family and invite them to my funeral-

"Why are you avoiding us, Peter?" Ned asked quietly, still cowering behind MJ.

"I- I... uhm-"

"If you think I'm mad at you, I'm not. Honestly, I'm kinda flattered. But, I am sorry, loser. I'm just not into guys." She pat my shoulder.

"I get it. It's alright. I'm sorry too... for avoiding you, I mean. I guess I was scared for your reaction. I thought you might hate me after that whole fiasco." I looked down at my feet, ashamed.

"We'd never hate you, loser."

"Yeah, you'll always have us." Ned smiled.

Careful, guys... Parker LuckTM is dangerous territory...

"Yeah, and if you must know, I kinda have my eyes set on someone else..." she drifted off.

My eyes lit up.

"Really? ooOooOooOoo... Michellie's got a cruUuUSHhh." I sang.

"Oh, so you're over me now? I'm hurt, dude," she placed her hand on her heart dramatically. I smiled at her antics. I'm glad I have such great friends. I want it to stay that way.

>_<

I placed my books down on my desk and sat in my seat.

Mr. Watson came in with a looootttt of papers. And I mean a LOT.

"Alright class! Today, we aren't doing anything related to the unit we're on. You are taking a very important test today. Don't worry, there is no failing or anything, but there is a reward for the top two people who get the highest score. This is just to test to see if you are eligible for a top secret program our school is involved with." He told us excitedly. We all just stared at him, confused.

He passed out the packets, and MAN THEY WERE THICK! Just how smart do they think we are? Standards of society, man...

I looked at the first question, and I was shooketh. I scanned through all of these pages. I know all of this!!

I took my time answering each question so I don't mess anything up. I triple checked everything and I was now set. One problem though... no one else was even close to done. Crap.

I got up to turn in my packet, and I literally could feel the stares. Some people were whispering amongst each other, and I could hear  e v e r y t h i n g. Mr. Watson was speechless, though. He just stared at me, mouth hanging open while I set my packet down.

I quickly returned to my seat, and I'm pretty sure I looked like a tomato. Not fun.

I buried my face in my arms, so I couldn't see anyone's face. I could still feel the eyes, though. After a while, Mr. Watson got everyone to stop staring and get back to work. Considering I still had two hours to kill, I took a much-needed nap.