nine

9|returns

"Celeste." The dark haired woman stated as she slid into the booth across from the two brothers. "I'm the Dark Ones wife so stop worrying, he will make sure she comes home alive. He can't say no to me."

"Thank you." John smiled at her, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly as Red wandered over, passing Celeste her usual.

"I'm supposed to be a hero so I might as well act like one." Celeste chuckled, sipping her vanilla coffee. "It varies from day to day."

"She's not lying." Red laughed, putting a slice of cake in front of the girl. "She varies."

"Oi, I'm cursed to walk this earth for eternity so I can be evil when I want." She winked at them, humming with delight as she ate a mouthful of cake. "So, where are you from?"

"London." Michael answered her, awkwardly sipping his tea while shares glances with his brother.

"London? I've wanted to travel there. The UK sounds like a fun place to visit." She nodded along, glancing at all the curious eyes. "You can stay at Granny's tonight, I predict they will return by tomorrow."

"Thank you." Celeste paid the tab and nodded a farewell to the two brothers before returning to her library.

She grabbed a book and locked up the place, heading to the shop to make a cup of tea and curl up in a ball on the makeshift bed. Celeste felt her eyes grow heavy, the exhaustion of a long day starting to get to her.

A scream of fright ripped through her throat when she felt hands on her shoulders. Her eyes widened as she spotted Ariel leaning over her sleeping frame.

"Sorry." Ariel apologised gingerly, standing back to let the woman sit up as they smiled at each other. "I have a name."

"A name?" Celeste mumbled tiredly before realising. "Oh, your Princes name."

"Yes." The mermaid said excitedly, her eyes showing her true emotions of nervousness. "Can we?"

"Let me freshen up. I can get you some better clothes." She stretched her tired limbs. She passed the woman some better clothes before changing herself.

"So, where are we going?" Ariel questioned curiously as the walked towards the fishing dock.

"So, if the name Rumpel gave you is correct, he works here." Celeste informed her, curious how Rumpel knew exactly where he worked. They stopped, staring at a man gutting raw fish. "Is that him? Is that Eric?"

"Yes." She said before gulping as they watched him cut the head off a fish. "Wow, he must really hate me."

"Go on, talk to him." The princess pushed her friend towards the man. "Go on!"

"Ariel." Eric stared at her wide eyed, surprised to see the mermaid.

"Eric." He removed his apron, walking up to her and kissing her, shocking Celeste.

Her attention quickly moved to a pirate ship flying through the sky, breaking through the protection spell.

"He's back." She whispered, a large smile erupting on to her face. Celeste ran towards the dock, noticing a group already forming, cheering as the heroes returned.

"Cel." Rumpel smiled at her as he walked down the ramp.

"What the hell are you wearing?" Celeste laughed as she ran into his arms, holding him close as she fought back the happy tears. "You're alive."

"Your ring." He slipped it back on her finger before capturing her lips, enjoying the comfort she held.

"Hey!" Neil walked over to the couple, smiling at his step-mother.

"Good to see you're still alive." She laughed, embracing the man. "Welcome back."

"I, uh, I found this below deck. I thought you might need it." He lifted a cane and offered it to his father.

"Thank you, Bae. I do." Rumpelstiltskin took the cane off his son. "As a reminder of the man I was. And shall no longer be."

"One second." Celeste kissed her husband's cheek and wandered over to Regina, embracing the woman. "Welcome home."

"Thank you, Celeste." Regina happily accepted the woman's hug.

"Welcome to being nice." She teased, letting go of the woman before noticing the others. "Excuse me, I better say hi to everyone else." She stepped in front of Henry, grinning at the boy. "You totally deserve Grandma Celeste spoiling you."

"That sounds so strange." Emma chuckled at her statement.

"I'm technically younger than you so yeah, it is strange." Celeste agreed, looking over group happily. She smiled at the Darling brothers before glancing at the children. "Why are there random children?"