fifty one

51|KIDNAPPING AND CARING

Before the original curse

"Rumpel." Celeste sighed with relief as she found the Dark One on the cliff edge with the gauntlet. "Help."

She stumbled forwards, hands still tied with tear stained cheeks. She was frightened and confused but still smiled through it when her eyes landed on him.

"Yes, Rumpelstiltskin, do help her." A distorted voice echoed around the pair.

"Maleficent." Rumpel greeted the witch as she finally appeared behind Celeste. "Oh. I am impressed. Didn't think you had it in you."

"I'm not here for your praise." Maleficent smiled at his words. "Give me the gauntlet and you can have your wench back."

"Well, seeing as how you asked so nicely." He chuckled before waving his hand, using magic to shove her back, strangling her. "You think you could steal from the Dark One and live? Fatal mistake, dearie. Any last words?"

"I'm not alone." She managed to gasp out with a breathy chuckle.

Octopus like tentacles appeared from behind a rock, wrapping around Celeste's throat causing her to whimper in pain.

"The Sea Witch." Rumpel grumbled in annoyance.

"Such a pretty thing." The Sea Witch laughed as she made her appearance known. "Seems a shame I'll have to crack her pipes."

"Harm one hair on her head, Maleficent burns." He warned the witch, eyes meeting Celeste's.

"And Ursula will kill your maid." Cruella stepped out. "And where will that leave us?"

"Cruella." He greeted the woman with a fake cheer. "Thought I caught a whiff of desperation and gin. I must say, I'm surprised to see you all here. Last time we crossed, it looked like things weren't going your way. And unless you hand back my maid, they won't be this time, either."

"Shall I get you a step stool so you can look in my eyes when you threaten me?" She mocked him with a serious tone.

"I don't need to threaten you, dearie." Rumpel growled at her. "It took three of you to get this far. And I promise it isn't far enough."

"Have it your way." Cruella smirked to herself. "Ursula, darling, crush the maids heart."

Rumpelstiltskin groaned in annoyance as he threw Cruella the gauntlet and let Maleficent go. Celeste let in a large breath, sighing contently as the air filled her lungs.

"That was a rather risky endeavour for an old glove, dearies." He said through gritted teeth.

"Well, the risk was worth it." Ursula stepped back to allow Celeste to breath. "For too long, we've lived in a world where the heroes always win."

"And the gauntlet will reveal our enemies weaknesses." Cruella added, admiring the silver metal. "And we will be the victors."

"Let her go." Ursula shoved Celeste forwards, the frightened woman falling into his arms as he caught her, steadying her on her feet.

"Why would you do that?" Celeste questioned after the three villains had disappeared. He looked over her face for injuries, hands holding her shoulders gently. "I mean, with that object, you-"

"They still won't be able to harm you." He cut her off, voice laced with worry.

"Who knew you could actually care about me?" She chuckled, a small smile making its way to her lips.

"I don't." Rumpel shoved her away, avoiding her curious eyes. "But if anyone's gonna crush your heart, it's gonna be me."

"You keep telling yourself that." He waved his hand, sending her back to the castle.

She appeared in a small bedroom, a bath filled with hot water and scented oils hidden in the corner. She mumbled a quick thank you, rubbing her sore wrists as she looked at the marks left by the rope.

Celeste quickly stripped out her dirty robes and slipped into the hot water, moaning happily as her muscles relaxed.

She brought her knees up to her chest, hugging them tightly as she finally let the tears out. She finally let the fear she had felt when she thought she was going to die take over.

Her hands cupped the water, splashing it on her face to wash off any dry tears before she finally stepped out the bath, drying off and changing into a night gown.

After a long mental argument, Celeste decided to find Rumpel and thank him properly after saving her life. A mocking laughing filled the room as she realised the door was locked, the coward too afraid to admit he cared for her.

"Thank you, Rumpel." She said aloud before slipping under the soft cover and letting the exhaustion carry her to sleep.