fifty nine

59|OLD LOVE

"When did you come home?" Celeste jumped in fright at the three talking in the middle of the main room. "I swear I've been awake for at least ten minutes and I didn't hear anything."

"Mornin', love." Hook chuckled, teasing the still half asleep woman.

"Killian, what's wrong?" Emma cut the woman off as she entered the apartment, Henry trailing close behind.

"Before Ursula left, she told me what the villains have planned." He sighed as he addressed her. "To get their happy endings, they intend to darken your heart, love. To turn you into a villain, so you'll no longer be the Saviour."

"What?" Henry stated loudly. "You can't just un-Saviour the Saviour."

"Ursula said Gold has a way." Hook explained. "He can use the Author to do it."

"That's insane." Emma shrugged off the idea. "If that's what their plan is, stop worrying. It's ridiculous. Author or no Author, I am not going dark."

"But darkness is a funny thing, it creeps up on you." Celeste spoke up, a dark look on her face as she stared past them all, glancing out the window.

"No one, not Rumpelstiltskin or some Author, gets to decide who I am." The Saviour reassured them all, her voice laced with determination.

"I wish I could change something, help in some way." She sighed, fidgeting with her ring.

Snow ran out the apartment with a sad look, avoiding everyone as the door slammed shut behind her. They all watched her leave, confused and contemplating whether or not they should run after her.

"She'll be fine." Charming reassured them before chasing after his wife.

"Is it just me or are they a strange couple?" Celeste wondered out loud before shaking her head and making herself a cup of tea before leaving to visit the hospital.

"Well, well, well." Victor Frankenstein greeted the woman the moment she stepped into the hospital. "If it isn't the amazing Dr. Richards."

"Gold." She corrected him, grinning as she brought him into a tight embrace. "But I need to help out at the hospital more often. It's a good distraction."

"Want to help me in the baby ward?" He offered, laughing at the excited look on her face. "Come on."

Celeste sang her mothers lullaby, rocking a small baby in her arms. It was a healthy young girl with curly blonde locks. The baby cooed in her arms, reaching up and playing with her dark hair.

"I can't wait to have a large family." She mumbled, feeling his presence in the room filled with sleeping babies. "It's a shame you decided to ruin our happy ending."

"I chose power so we could have our happy ending." He grumbled to her, stepping closer as she kept her back to him.

"We already had our happy ending." Her voice was mocking as she placed the baby back in its crib, stroking it's delicate cheek. "We had a family and people who cared about us. You had me."

"I wasn't the one who sent me to my death." He argued, hands grabbing her hips to spin her around. He stared deeply into her ocean eyes, forgetting why he finally showed himself to her or what they were talking about.

"And I wasn't the one who betrayed the trust between us and tried to kill everyone!" She snapped, trying to stay focused on her anger and not the fact she finally felt comfort being in his arms. "I didn't want you to die but I didn't want to lose my family that were there for me whenever you couldn't be."

"Celeste." He sighed, pulling her into an embrace, stroking her hair as she cried into his arms. A gust of magic flew over them, Celeste falling asleep in his arms.

He held her tightly, lifting her into his arms and transporting her to the store. He laid her down on the makeshift bed, pushing the hair off her face as he left a delicate kiss on her forehead.

Rumpel refused to admit out loud, especially to her that he understood why she did what she did. He placed his hand gently on her stomach, feeling the baby kick at the feeling of its father close. He forgot for a moment why he was doing everything he was, especially when he had his happy ending in front of him. His family that she had given him.