twenty six

26|magic and sisters

Celeste screamed out, smashing the glass cabinets around her. Two arms wrapped around her from behind as Regina stood before her, trying to calm her before she destroyed all of Storybrooke.

"Celeste, stop." Regina cupped her face, forcing the heart broken woman to look at her. "Stop before your heart becomes dark like mine. You don't want to become the villain."

"Get rid of it." Celeste begged, lifting her hands for Regina to hold. "Take my magic, I don't want it."

"I can't take it, but I can hide them away again." The older woman sighed, clasping her hands as Robin let her go. "At least until we get Gold back."

"Thank you." She breathed out as she felt the venom running through her vines disappear, the constant thumping in her head fading. "Thank you."

"Come on." Regina grabbed her hand and led her through Storybrooke, meeting up with the others and thanking Robin as he left them.

"Regina, is she telling the truth?" Snow White asked with a sigh as they dug around her vault.

"I don't know. I haven't found anything yet." The woman said confused, still digging though her mother's things.

"Are you sure that Cora didn't booby-trap her stuff?" Celeste hesitantly lifted another lid, scared to go near it.

"I mean, I don't think that a sleeping curse would be good for the baby." Snow agreed with her, still standing back and holding the torch.

"David and Tink are locking down Main Street just in case this fight actually happens." Emma announced as she walked down into the vault.

"Regina?" Celeste wandered over to the woman, noticing she had gone silent while reading a piece of paper. "Did you find something?"

"Uh, a letter." Regina answered, stuttering slightly informing them it was not a good letter.

"What's it say?" Emma questioned as the women waited patiently.

"Zelena is my sister." The Evil Queen gritted her teeth and put the letter down.

"Regina, what does-"

"Nothing. Don't worry about it." Regina cut the pregnant woman off. "It's my fight. I've got it handled."

"What the hell was in that letter?" Emma wondered as they watched Regina walk off.

"I'll talk to Blue, see if we can get reinforcements." They overheard Tink say as they joined them by the clocktower.

"No. You heard Zelena, she said no interference." The saviour stopped the fairy. "She'll probably order Gold to level half the block if we try something before she has a crack at her sister."

"So they really are sisters?" Tink questioned.

"She found a letter in her vault confirming it." Snow confirmed to the pair.

"Where is she? Regina." Charming looked around, noticing she wasn't with the women.

"She disappeared." Celeste informed him grimly. "Something in the letter upset her."

"Should we try to find her?"

"Regina was pretty clear she didn't want any help on this one." Emma sighed in defeat.

"You're going to let her walk into this fight alone?" Charming looked between his wife and daughter.

"No, she's going to get help whether she wants it or not." The saviour said quietly incase either sister had ears everywhere.

"Wait, but you said we can't interfere?" Celeste asked, completely confused.

"Because Zelena has Gold on her side." Emma explained to her. "We need to remove him from the equation. It's the only way Regina has a fighting chance. We just need to get his dagger."

"You saw Zelena. She practically has it glued to her hand." Snow reminded her daughter of when she came to Neal's wake.

"Wait, wait." Celeste began to mumble, her brain hurting from all the thinking. "What if I can get through to Rumpel without the dagger? You guys always go on about true love beating all evils."

"It's worth a try." Snow agreed, nodding to Emma. "Regina can't do this alone."

Charming drove the small group to Zelena's farm house, forcing Celeste to stay by the car as they checked the house.

"We're clear!" Emma yelled to her as they ran back over. "There's no sign of Zelena. It looks like she's keeping Gold in the cellar."

Celeste ran over to the cellar, throwing the door open and running down the stairs. "Rumpel?"

"Cel?" The body in the cage turned to look at her in surprise.

"I've come to free you." She revealed, looking at the lock.

"No, leave!" Rumpel yelled at her. "You have no idea what that witch will make me do to you if she catches us."

"I'm not afraid." Celeste chuckled, smiling at him with relief as she opened the cage door. "You could never hurt me."

"No, it's futile." He warned her, not wanting to get close to her. "As long as she holds the dagger, I cannot leave."

"I'm not leaving you. I will sit here in the dark if I have to." She said stubbornly, folding her arms as she looked down at him.

"It's not worth the risk."

"Just try." She reached out her hand, telling him to believe her. "True love conquers all, or so I've been told. Just for once, believe in us."

He grabbed her hand, slowly stepping towards her at the edge of the cage. She smiled up at him, connecting their lips.

"Run." He whispered, pulling back and stilling. "Go."

"Well, don't mind me." Zelena chuckled, standing in the corner with the dagger. "Carry on, I was just enjoying the show."