sixty three

63|NEW HAPPY ENDING

In the book

"Celeste." Rumpelstiltskin stepped into their cottage, greeting his smiling wife. She ran into his arms, connecting their lips as she welcomed him home. They were pulled apart by a baby cooing.

"Sounds like someone else wants to celebrate your return." Celeste chuckled, leaning down to check their son.

"And how is the newest member of our dear family?" He asked, removing his armour to embrace his wife properly and stroke his sons soft cheek.

"With any luck, he'll grow up to be just like dear old dad." A voice spoke from behind the pair.

"Cel, you didn't tell me we had a visitor." Rumpel glanced at the man warily as he stood in front of his child, protecting him.

"Names Isaac." Isaac introduced himself to the man. "I was travelling through your village when your wife invited me in to slake my thirst." He took a sip of his water. "Not to be too picky, but the water tastes a little murky."

"Oh, I'll get some that's fresh from the well." Celeste apologised and left the house, checking on her son before wandering to the well.

After their guest had left, Celeste sat by the crib drinking tea and reading a book. She read the words out loud, rocking the crib with her foot as soft snores came from the bundle of blankets.

"What's wrong?" She asked quietly as her husband walked back into their quaint home.

"I've just learned of a threat to our realm." Rumpel sighed, sitting beside her and staring into her ocean blue eyes. "If left unchecked, it will destroy all that we have built together. All our happiness."

"But you're the Light One." Celeste grabbed his hand, squeezing it reassuringly. "Whatever this force is, you'll overcome it."

"It's more complicated than that." He explained to her. "Eliminating this threat means I'll have to make a difficult choice. And if I make the wrong one-"

"But you won't." She cut him off, pulling him in for a tight embrace. "You're a hero, Rumpel."

"Yeah, but what if I'm not?"

"Then I will still love you, no matter what." Celeste reached over and grabbed a second cup of tea. "Things never seem quite as bleak after a cup of tea."

"Cel, I'm sorry." He quickly apologised after dropping the teacup, the tea spilling all over the wooden floor.

"It's all right. It's fine." She said brightly, remaining a ray of sunshine. "See? It's just chipped. We can fix it."

"I'm not so sure it's as simple as that." He quickly rushed out the house, grabbing his sword as she watched him leave.

"What the fuck is going on?" Celeste stared down at the chipped teacup. "His perfect future is me as a fucking housewife."

She quickly placed her child in a blanket bundle, running out the house and into town where she thinks her husband is.

"What the hell did I miss?" She ran over to Emma and Henry, gasping as she spotted Regina on the floor bleeding out.

"You're awake?" Henry quickly embraced her, happy to see another familiar face.

"Teacup, long story." She waved off, ignoring Robin and Regina having a moment.

"Too little, too late." The Author chuckled at them. Emma rushed forwards, throwing a right hook at the man.

"Then you're gonna change things." She spat at him. "Return them to the way they were. Bring back Hook, save Regina."

"I can't." He snapped back at her, wiping the blood off his lip. "I'm not the Author anymore. I can't change a thing."

"You can." Celeste kneeled down beside Henry and whispered to him. "I can feel it. It's in your heart."

Henry hesitantly stepped forwards and picked up the magic quill, it glowing in his hands.

"Whoa! Kid, what the hell?" Emma stared at her son wide eyed. "What's happening?"

"He's the next Author." Isaac explained to them.

"I can feel it." Henry glanced at Celeste who was silently smiling to herself, a knowing look on her face.

"Fix it." Celeste winked at him before looking down at the baby in her arms with sorrow. "Write everything the way it was."

"Without ink, he's not writing anything." Isaac cut her off

"My blood, it was supposed to work last time." Emma picked up the sword and went to cut her hand.

"Yes, when mixed with darkness." Henry stopped her from injuring herself. "But you're not the Saviour here. Because of him. But that doesn't mean we didn't find one. And in this world, we don't need a dark Saviour, we need a light one."