thirty four

34|babies

Celeste ran crazily through the hospital, following the screams of pain. She did not specialise in maternal medicine but she had memories of helping women give birth so she was prepared.

"I can here you down the halls." She laughed as she wandered into the room, smiling at her friend in labour. "Your baby and wife are in the best hands."

"Thank you." Charming nodded to her gratefully, his wife in too much pain as a contraction hit. He left the room, Regina taking his place as the two women helped the pregnant woman find comfort.

"All right, let's get you changed into hospital robes." Celeste waved her hand, the curtains closing as Regina left the room. They got Snow comfy, doing their best to keep her calm as the threat of Zelena was still fresh.

The lights crackled around them as Victor and Celeste prepared for the baby, Snow fully dilated as she squeezed Charmings hand.

"What the hell was that?" Charming asked, worried about his wife's safety.

"Doesn't matter. The baby's coming." Victor shot him down, getting ready as the baby crowned. Crashes and screams filled their ears as Zelena arrived at the hospital.

"Just one more push, Snow." Celeste said reassuringly to her friend, smiling through the mask. "Just one more push."

With a final push their baby was born, Celeste taking it over to the sink to clean it while Victor finished off checking over their patient.

"It's a boy." Charming cheered, kissing his wife happily. Celeste passed the baby to him, warning him about holding the head.

The two doctors smiled as they watched the happy family, Snow wrapping the baby up in a special yellow blanket. Their moment was ruined as Zelena burst into the room, knocking Victor unconscious.

"Charming family. It's a shame I have to break it up." She greeted the parents, stealing the baby out of Snows arms.

Celeste tried to fight but Rumpel stopped her, holding her hands and taking her magic.

"No!" Snow screamed, trying to go after her baby but Zelena froze everyone before disappearing into a cloud of green smoke.

"Let me go." Celeste tried to fight against his hold as he pulled her into the halls. "I have to save the baby."

"Celeste, stop fighting!" Rumpel yelled at her, still under the influence of the dagger.

"No!" He disappeared, leaving her in the halls as an emotional wreck. Regina collected her, helping her to her feet.

"Stay with Snow." Regina ordered, helping her back into the room with a hysterical woman. "Protect her."

"I'm so sorry." Celeste apologised, laying down beside her friend, stroking her hair. "But we will get him back. I swear on my life."

~•~

Celeste hummed as she felt a hand stroke her hair, lips kissing her forehead as she slept in the backroom.

"Rumpel?" She groaned awake, smiling up at the man. "Are you dead? My powers let me see dead people."

"I'm not dead, love." Rumpel chuckled at her words as she reached up, wrapping her arms around him and pulling him on to the bed with her.

"Did we win?" Celeste questioned, cuddling into his side. "We must of won."

"I'm sorry." He kissed her lips gently, pushing her hair out her face as she greeted him with her ocean blue eyes. "For everything I did."

"That wasn't you. That was Zelena." She reminded him, cupping his cheek.

"It wasn't always Zelena." He sighed, pulling her closer. "I will never comprehend why you continue to stay by my side."

"You do crazy things when you're in love." She chuckled, capturing his lips for a proper kiss, deepening it as he held her tightly.

"I want to give you something." He pulled away, pulling his dagger out his coat pocket. "Take it as my promise to you that I won't be getting myself in danger."

"I might kill you next time you do something stupid." Celeste took the dagger from his hands admiring the metal.

"I am now, and for all the future, yours." Rumpel stated, staring deeply in her eyes.

"That's better than our wedding vows." She chuckled, putting the dagger down to continue their kiss. "Rumpel, I want a baby."

"If your wish is a baby, then I will give you a baby." He kissed her gently, meaningfully before she deepened it, her hands making their way to his shirt.