thirty nine

39|news

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I've never seen her before in my life." Rumpel stated causing Celeste to wander into the front groom, smiling at the small group.

"So how's she end up inside your urn?" Emma questioned him, glancing at the stranger causing Celeste to put the pieces together. "Inside your secret vault of terror?"

"Secret vault of terror?" Celeste mumbled, glancing at her husband with a grin.

"Look, if you really wanna know how she wound up there, she's standing right beside you, Miss. Swan." Rumpelstiltskin gestured to the silent blonde woman. "Why don't you simply ask her?"

"She did. But I can't remember." The blonde stranger answered him. "Something happened to my memories."

"Well, an all-too-common affliction around these parts. Pity." His statement caused Celeste to snort, knowing the horrible feeling all too well. "But as you can see, many objects fall into my possession. Urns, necklaces, all manner of things. I can't know the history behind all of them."

"Only if there's something in it for you." Hook added with a straight face. "Right, mate?"

"Yeah, well, that may have been true once." Rumpel turned his attention to his wife. "But recently, my life has been turned upside down. I've lost a son. I've gained my wife back. So you might say I've decided to turn over a new leaf."

"Don't forget about my superpower. I'll be able to tell if you're lying." Emma warned him with a cautious glare.

"How about I do you one better?" He offered her. "Let's simply have Cel use the dagger on me."

"I think I'll pass." Celeste grimaced at the thought of using the dagger. "I'm still recovering from the last time."

"I know but Ms. Swan wants proof. And I'm happy to cooperate." Rumpel reassured her, stroking her hair away from her ocean eyes, enjoying the brief moment of peace they gave him.

"Fuck me." She cursed, pulling the dagger out her jacket and holding it up. "I command you, Dark One, to tell them the truth." She said dramatically, mocking the powers of the dagger.

"The truth is just as I said." His voice went lifeless as he went under the power of the dagger before going back to his normal tone. "I had no idea there was someone inside there. I know nothing about Elsa. Or her sister. But I wish you the best of luck finding her."

~•~

Celeste hummed her mother's old lullaby, pacing the kitchen as she waited for her cake to cool so she could decorate it. Her mind began to wander, thinking about her shocking morning and the dreaded doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon.

"Love?" Rumpel captured her in his arms, startling the woman away in her thoughts. "What's the celebration?"

"It's a surprise." She tried to escape his arms but he tightened them around her, attacking her neck with light kisses. "Rumpel."

"Yes, dearie?" He trapped her against the counter, leaning down to kiss her cheek.

"Please sit at the table, dinner is ready." Celeste asked nicely, ducking under his arm to begin decorating the cake. She plated up her pasta bake, putting the dish down on the table and sitting across from him. "I wonder who Elsa is."

"I must admit I've never heard of her." He agreed, taking a mouthful of his meal and smiling at her approvingly. "I'm sure we'll be kept in the loop. You're relationship with Ms. Blanchard has improved."

"No matter what, she will always comfort me when my husband kills himself in front of me." She said snarkily, rasing a brow at him. "I'm still bitter and will probably be bitter till the day you die. I promise it'll be me ending you."

"I know, love." Rumpel nodded, finishing his meal and pouring her another glass of orange juice, growing suspicious of her surprise and lack of alcohol consumption. "Dessert?" He asked her as he took their empty plates to the sink, soaking them in hot soapy water.

"Oh, yeah." Celeste jumped up, ushering him back to his seat as she quickly finished decorating the cake and took it over, placing it in front of him and staring at the pink frosting with a large grin. "I hope you like it. Surprise!"

"You're going to be a father." He read aloud, going silent before looking up at the excited woman. "I'm going to be a father?"