twenty seven

27|fight

Celeste ran, tears in her eyes as she ran over to the small group, hearing his deadly footsteps behind her.

"It was a trick." She sobbed, running into Emma's arms. "She was toying with us."

"Zelena sends a message." Rumpel gritted as he stood at the cellar opening. "She will face Regina without interference. The next time you try to stop her, I will kill you."

"No you won't." Celeste argued with him, stepping closer as he stilled, still under the power of the dagger. "You couldn't hurt me."

"Celeste." He warned her, fighting against Zelena's power. "Stay back."

"No." She said stubbornly, stopping just in front of him. "No matter what she does, you could never hurt me. Love is stupid and makes you stupid. You killed yourself for love so I won't let you make that idiotic mistake again."

"Celeste."

"I just lost my family." She cupped his cheek, knowing Zelena was still watching. "I'm not about to lose the final piece." She whispered before looking over his shoulder to shout to Zelena. "If you wanted a show, then that makes you a creepy pervert because the things I would have done to him down there would of scared you into giving me the dagger."

"Stay safe." Rumpel kissed her forehead and reluctantly wandered back down into the cellar.

"How are you not pregnant?" Emma asked with disgust, wrapping her arm over the dark haired woman's shoulder and leading her back to the car.

"I use to ask myself that every day." She chuckled sadly. "But honestly, if Zelena showed up I would have been down there a while."

"We don't need to know." Charming cut her off, just as disgusted as his daughter.

"Well now I'm intrigued." Tink spoke up, sitting in the back with Celeste as she played with her wedding ring.

~•~

A crowd had formed in the centre of town, indistinct chatter filling Celeste's ears as she thought about Rumpel and the conditions he was living in. She just wanted him home, to cuddle in bed and talk about their future.

"Have you seen Regina?" Emma questioned Snow as they pushed through the crowd to the front.

"Not since the vault." Snow answered, looking around the crowd.

"If she doesn't get here soon, that witch could take it out on all of us." Tink said fearfully as Celeste lazily nodded in agreement.

"Let's get everybody out of here before that happens." Charming pushed forwards. "All right! Listen up! We need you to get back to your homes."

"No one's going anywhere." Zelena announced her presence, Rumpel stood behind her like an attack dog. "This show needs an audience. Out of my way, munchkin."

"I'm a dwarf." Sneezy stuttered, stepping back with the crowd.

"That's even worse." She grimaced. Celeste smiled at Rumpel when his eyes met hers, telling him everything would be okay. "Where is she, hmm? Don't tell me, she's a coward. Well, this isn't good. For any of you. If my sister's not here in five minutes, I'm going to let the Dark One off his leash."

The mumbles of the crowd changed from curious to scared, all watching the clock on the clock tower.

"Times up." Zelena grinned to herself. "Who do you want to kill first, Rumpel?"

"He's not killing anyone." Emma rushed forwards. "If you want to fight someone, Zelena, fight me."

"Sorry, dear, I don't dance with amateurs." The Witch spat at the woman.

"I'm not an amateur. I'm the Saviour." She spat back, standing up to the wicked woman.

"Appears someone's got an inflated sense of self worth." Zelena scoffed before gesturing to Rumpel who raised his hand and forced the saviour back. "Anybody else want to give it a go?"

"I do." Regina stated from behind the witch. "Didn't anyone tell you? Black is my colour."

"But it looks so much better on me." The Witch chucked. "I was beginning to think you weren't going to show up."

"I couldn't let my sister off that easily."

"Oh. So you've finally accepted me into the family?" The two paced around in circles, eyeing off one another.

"I've accepted that we shared a mother, yes." Regina corrected her. "But I still have one question. What the hell did I ever do to you?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Zelena glared at her. "You were born."

"I've been waiting to do that all day." The Evil Queen stated after slapping her sister. Celeste grinned to herself, happy someone finally slapped the spoilt witch.

"Rumpelstiltskin can't save you this time." The pair glared at each other, the air going still.