𝟏.𝟓, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥

Season 1, episode 5: the tell

"This is why you're my best friend

"This is why you're my best friend. You're so caring."

I WALKED OUTSIDE of class with Stiles. Scott was nowhere to be found. Stiles informed me of what he saw with his dad the night before. About what happened to Jackson and Lydia. I was worried about Lydia. She's one of my best friends. I needed to go check on her soon.

Stiles held his phone in-between us, the call on speaker as he tried calling Scott. "What?"

"Finally! Have you been getting any of my texts?" Stiles voice raises.

"Yeah, like all nine million of them. And some of Y/n's."

"Do you have any idea what's going on?" Stiles questions.

I place my hand on his shoulder, wanting him to calm down before continuing, trying to sound more calmly. Though, I'm freaking out on the inside. "Lydia's totally M.I.A., Jackson looks like he's got a time bomb inserted into his face, and another random guy's dead." My calmness didn't work.

"You have to do something about it." Stiles adds.

"Like what?"

"Something." We both say in unison.

"Okay, I'll deal with it later." Scott then hangs up.

We sigh, sharing a look before Stiles grabs my hand, dragging me along the hallways.

* * *

Stiles took me to Lydia's house, waiting outside in his jeep while I went in, being greeted by Lydia's mom, who led me to Lydia's room. I was really worried about Lydia. I wanted to know if she was okay.

"Honey, Y/n's here to see you." Lydia's mom says after walking in.

Lydia looks over, a smile soon going on her face when her eyes landed on me. "Y/n!"

I raise a brow as her mom turns to me. "She took a little something to ease her nerves. You can-you can go in."

"Thanks, Mrs. Martin." I smile politely before walking in. "Hey, Lyds."

"What are you doing here?" Lydia asks.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay. I was worried about you." I admit.

Lydia pats a space on her bed next to her, me following, sitting down beside her. "This is why you're my best friend. You're so caring."

I chuckle softly. "How are you feeling?"

"I feel... fantastic."

I chuckle again before my gaze stops on the bottle of pills beside her bedside. "Oh." I lean over and pick it up before reading it. As I read, something that Stiles would say comes to my mind and I say it to Lydia. "I bet you can't say, "I saw Suzy sitting in a shoeshine shop" ten times fast."

Lydia stares a me, raising a brow. "I saw Shuzy..." She stops herself. "I shaw..." I smile a little at her, placing the bottle of pills back just as she leans down, staring at a spot, a serious expression now on her face. "I saw."

I look to her, my brows furrowing. "What? Lydia, what did you see?" I place my hand on hers.

"Something."

"Something like... like a mountain lion?"

"A mountain lion."

"Are you sure you saw a mountain lion, or are you just saying that because that's what the police told you?"

"A mountain lion."

I lean over, picking up her stuffed giraffe, holding it up. "What's this?"

Lydia glances at it. "A mountain lion."

"Okay." I put it back. "You're so drunk." She then places her hand on the middle of my thigh, her head soon following. I sigh before placing my hand on her head, softly running my fingers through her hair, trying to sooth her.

This just keeps making me get more worried and worried.

After minutes of trying to talk to Lydia a little and getting mostly gibberish or just some random words out of her, I decide to speak up.

"Alright, Lyds. I'm gonna go. I'll see you later."

Just as I get to the door, she speaks up. "No. Y/n, stay."

"What?" I stare at the strawberry blonde in confusion.

"Please. Stay." Lydia pouts. "I need my best friend, right now."

I nod softly, going back to sitting down beside her. "Okay. Yeah, I'll stay with you for now. Just... let me text Stiles and tell him I'll be a bit longer." I bring out my phone.

Lydia grabs it from my hands. "No. Pay attention to me. We hardly hang out anymore. And what the hell is a Stiles?" Before I could even say anything, she passes out, my phone dropping from her hand, making me reach and grab it.

Sighing, I pat her shoulder, about to stand, but Lydia's phone goes off, making me stop. Me being the curious person I am, I slowly grab it, a text popping up.

"It's a text."

I open it up, a video then showing. With furrowed brows, I watch it curiously before it stops, showing a familiar face of an animal with red eyes.

"The Alpha."

* * *

I sat on Stiles' bed as he paced around his room. I informed him on what I saw on Lydia's phone and he freaked out a little.

"Hey, it's me again. Look, Y/n found something, and we don't know what to do, okay? So if you could turn your phone on right now, that'd be great. Or else I'll kill you. Do you understand me? I'm gonna kill you. And I'm too upset to come up with a witty description about how exactly I'm gonna kill you, but I'm just gonna do it, okay? I'm gonna-ugh! Goodbye." Stiles rambled over the phone.

I placed my hand on his shoulder. "It's gonna be fine. We'll figure this out."

Stiles nodded. I grabbed my phone, looking at the video I took on Lydia's phone, pausing on the Alpha's face, Stiles' eyes on the screen as well.

"Come on, Scott. Where the hell are you?"

After a couple minutes, I took my phone, the video still paused on the Alpha's face. Sharing a look with Stiles, he nodded reluctantly and I deleted it.