𝟏.𝟏𝟎, 𝐜𝐨-𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧

Season 1, episode 10: co-captain

"Y/n? What... You could have hurt her, Stiles!"

SCOTT, STILES AND I all sat in Stiles' jeep as he drove through the streets. Eventually, we came to a stop a little bit away from Jackson and Mr. Argent, both of them standing at the back of Jackson's car.

Stiles parks the jeep, to which I lean against the front seats, looking through the window, just like Scott and Stiles as the three of us greet them.

"Is everything okay?" Scott then asks.

"Hey, Scott." Mr. Argent greets, glancing at Jackson. "Your friend here was having car trouble. We're just taking a look."

"There's a shop right down the street. I'm sure they have a tow truck." Scott informs.

"You want a ride?" I question, Scott opening the door to his side.

"Hey, come on, Jackson. You're way too pretty to be out here all by yourself." Stiles comments when Jackson hesitates.

Slowly, Jackson starts walking towards us as Scott hops out. However, he stops in his tracks by the sound of his engine turning on, all of us looking at Mr. Argent, who steps away from Jackson's car, a smug look on his face. He gets into his vehicle, driving away while Stiles and I hop out of the jeep.

"What, are you following me now?" Jackson questions.

"Yes, you stupid freaking idiot. You almost gave away everything right there!" Scott exclaims.

"What are you talking about?" Jackson asks.

"He thinks you're the second Beta. He thinks you're me!" Scott informs, raising his voice.

Scott proceeds to spin around, roughly smacking his fist against Stiles' jeep before turning around and facing Jackson again.

"Dude, my jeep." Stiles comments, shifting in his spot.

"I can hear your heart beating from a mile away, literally!" Scott continues, ignoring Stiles. "Now he thinks that there's something wrong, and now I have to keep an eye on you so he doesn't kill you, too!"

"This is your problem, not mine, okay? I didn't say anything, which means you're the one that's gonna get me killed, okay?" Jackson argues. "This is your fault."

Jackson places his hands on Scott's shoulder, pushing him harshly against Stiles' jeep, making the boy beside me tense up.

"Okay, back away from the jeep." I speak up.

Slowly and cautiously, I step forward, pushing the two boys away from the jeep, knowing Stiles will freak out if they continue hitting the vehicle.

"When they come after you, I won't be able to protect you. I can't protect anyone." Scott states, glancing at me and Stiles.

"Why are you looking at us?" Stiles questions, glancing at me.

"You know what? Now you have to do it. Get me what I want, and I will be fine protecting myself." Jackson snarls.

"No, you won't!" Scott argues. "Just trust me, all it does is make things worse."

"Oh, yeah, really? You know, you can hear anything you want and run faster than humanly possible. Sounds like a real hardship, McCall." Jackson states.

"Yeah, I can run really fast now, except half the time, I'm running away from people trying to kill me! And I can hear things like my girlfriend telling people that she doesn't trust me anymore right before breaking up with me. I'm not lying to you! It ruins your life." Scott explains, his voice raising slightly as he spoke.

It ruined your life." Jackson retorts. "You had all the power in the world, and you didn't know what to do with it. You know what it's actually like? It's like you turned sixteen and someone bought you a Porsche when they should've started you out with a nice little Honda. Me? I drive a Porsche."

And with that, Jackson walks away from us, hopping in his car and driving away. Stiles and I walk beside Scott while we watch Jackson drive off.

* * *

I sat in my room, reading a book as music played throughout the silent air. Suddenly, my phone starts ringing, so I stop the music and pick up my phone, seeing Stiles' contact.

"Hey, Stiles. What's up?" I say when I answer the call.

"Hey, Y/n/n. I'm coming to pick you up." Stiles informs.

"Pick me up?" I repeat in question. "Why?"

"Peter Hale is taking Scott's mom on a date, but he's gonna bite her. We need to stop him." Stiles replies.

Just as I open my mouth, but the sound of an engine outside from my window is heard as the call ends. Sighing, I quickly put on my shoes, heading outside and hopping into the passenger's seat, right beside Stiles.

Stiles continues to drive for a couple minutes where we, eventually, see Melissa's car parked on the side of the road, her and Peter sitting inside. Suddenly, Stiles grabs ahold of my forearm as he slightly presses on the gas, both of us jolting forward when the front of his jeep hits the back of Melissa's car. Glancing out the window, my gaze lands on an angry looking Melissa, and a emotionless Peter.

"Oh, are you kidding me?!" Melissa exclaims in anger. "Stiles!"

"Mrs. McCall?" Stiles says as we hop out of the jeep.

"Yes!" Melissa replies.

"Wow, this is just crazy. What a coincidence, huh?" Stiles comments.

Melissa's gaze lands on me. "Y/n? What... You could have hurt her, Stiles!"

"Mrs. McCall, I'm fine." I quickly reassure, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"You guys just came out of nowhere." Stiles blurts out.

"Came out of nowhere!" Melissa repeats, anger laced in her voice. "We were parked on the side of the road, Stiles."

"How crazy is that? We should probably call the cops, you know, do like an accident report thing." Stiles suggests, stepping closer to me when Peter walked over.

"I don't think that's necessary." Peter objects.

"Are you sure?" Stiles questions, rubbing the back of his neck. "I think I'm feeling a little whiplash."

"Whiplash? You hit us!" Melissa reminds, raising her voice even more.

"I don't know, there's something definitely wrong with my neck." Stiles continues, pretending to be in pain.

I zone out the rest of their conversation as I look over at Peter, who had walked away from us, mumbling something. Turning my gaze to a car, I meet Scott's brown eyes, who gives me a little thumbs up with a smile. I smile back before quickly turning back to Melissa so she didn't see her son here.

Melissa sighs, resting her hand on my forearm. "Alright, Stiles, just take Y/n home and then get home yourself. Please."

Stiles nods, letting out a small chuckle before we hop back into his jeep. He drives off, going in the direction of my house, doing exactly what Melissa instructed. Eventually, he stops at my house.

Stiles gives me a smile as a goodbye. Rolling my eyes, I lean over, placing my lips on his cheek, lingering there for a little bit before hopping out, waving at him before walking inside my house, hoping my dad was asleep.