𝟑.𝟓, 𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝

season 3, episode 5: frayed

"So we got Alpha werewolves against a dark druid

"So we got Alpha werewolves against a dark druid."

THE THUNDER RUMBLING in the distance could be heard within the dark clouds that sat high in the sky far away from the many cars driving around on the concrete road as they turned the wheel many times to get to their destination that they had been trying to get to for a while at the moment. The occasional flash of lightning could be seen in the dark clouds whenever the thunder echoed throughout the town.

On the road, a school bus could be seen driving along the road as the Beacon Hills cross country team sat inside. Coach Finstock stood near the front, occasionally blowing his whistle if someone did something he didn't like while also heading to the back every once in a while to check on his daughter.

Right near the back of the bus, Y/n found herself sitting in the second last seat in one of the aisles, facing the back as she rested her chin on her arms while she studied with Stiles and Scott, who sat behind her, all while they tried to get what had happened before off their minds.

During their studying, Scott had somewhat closed his eyes as he seemed to begin falling asleep when Stiles had snapped him out of it before continuing to read the words that was on the screen of his iPad. When Stiles got to the word, incongruous, Scott furrowed his brows.

"Can you use it in a sentence?" Scott asks.

Stiles nods. "Yes, I can. It's completely incongruous that we're sitting on a bus right now on our way to some stupid cross country meet after what just happened, incongruous."

"Out of place, ridiculous, absurd." Scott lists off.

"Perfect. Next word. Darach, it's a noun." Stiles reads, receiving a look.

"Scott, we have to talk about it sometime. And we're gonna be stuck on this bus for a while, so why not?" Y/n suggests.

However, when the werewolf didn't respond as he rested his head on the window, the two humans shared a glance before Stiles continued the studying, reading out the next word just as the bus went over a bump that had the entire vehicle shaking.

A quiet groan escaped Scott that had caught the others attention as they looked over, seeing his face scrunched up in pain, his hand clutching his torso area while not responding to Stiles' question if he were okay, showing that he really wasn't.

Y/n sighs. "We shouldn't have come."

"We had to." Scott insists. "There's safety in numbers."