↳ ❤ 𝑴𝒚 𝑲𝒊𝒏𝒈

(He/him pronouns)
(Realistic DSMP)
(1800+ words)

{《☆》}

"Y/N," Sir Oliver, your commanding officer, called you over. His dark brown eyes looked you over, making you straighten up in your stiff salute. "I'm assigning you onto King Eret's guard duty for the week."

"Yes sir." You replied, staring over his shoulder. They narrowed their eyes at you, before they nodded. "I expect a good report when I arrive next Monday."

"Of course sir," You promise. This was a big game changer for you. Only the best got assigned to King Eret's protective detail. If you managed to keep him alive from the weekly attempts on his life, the raise would be enough to pay for your little brother's hospital bills. "I won't let you down."

Sir Oliver looked back at you, their eyes softer. "I know you won't."

Grinning at your mentors back, you couldn't wait to tell Dean when you visited him tonight.

{《☆》}

"Have you ever met the king before?" Spencer asked curiously. They had done guard duty with you a few times before, protecting the lower levels of the kingdom. They were younger than you too, barely a few months shy of 19 with big brown eyes and even bigger dreams. "I mean, I've never done anything higher than middle-high but you've been here longer than me."

"No, King Eret's guard is a very special assignment. They don't let just anyone go with the king." You explained, rounding the corner of the training grounds. Morning laps were such a pain.

Spencer nodded. They tilted their head as they considered something silently. "I'm gonna join King Eret's personal guard one day."

Chuckling, you nodded along. He probably will one day. The kid had so much determination that you'd be surprised if he didn't.

As you both crossed the end, where a few others were already waiting, you considered where you were going. A lot of people didn't make the cut for the personal guard, so those who did ended up staying until someone better was found. Would this weekly assignment turn permanent?

There wasn't much time to think about this. You were heading off towards the main hall where the rest of the personal guard awaited you. The walk was shorter than you would've liked, with quick and easy pathways to get there.

"Y/N," A female soldier greeted you, they were likely your temporary commander. "Welcome to Eret's Eight."

"Glad to be here, ma'am," You replied holding the door open for her to walk in first. "What's Eret's Eight?"

"It's what we call ourselves," She chuckles to herself. "Eight of us guard Eret so it's pretty self-explanatory. Also, don't call me "ma'am". It's too formal. Call me Sara."

"Alright, Sara." You smile weakly at her. It's hard to crush the part of you that wants to please, but you push it down. "So, where's King Eret."

"He's eating breakfast in the dining hall. Which is where the rest of Eret's Eight is."

{《☆》}

Sara was nice. She explained what she could on the walk. It made it easier. Less pressure building up on your shoulders. Being in the castle just provided a more relaxing feeling, you suppose.

With the soft lanterns hanging up, and the aesthetically appealing vines that likely got trimmed daily. The plain, stone walls were off set with the amount of colour the rest of the castle brought. With multi-coloured flags hanging everywhere and silly flamingos randomly set up.