↳ 💛 𝑩𝒍𝒖𝒆 𝑩𝒐𝒖𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔

[1400+ words]
[No pronouns]

{《☆》}

Tommy shuffles down the street, dragging his feet across to kick a random stone. It skids just out of reach so he moves on, wrapping his hands around the straps of his backpack in that way movies always depicted nerdy kids. In a way, it fit.

The garden on his way to Wilbur's is empty, devoid of human life like it is every time Tommy walks up to it. The little chain link fence isn't good at keeping out people but he imagines that it had to be good for something since there aren't any dogs chewing on leaves. His foot fits into a hole and he pushes himself on top and jumps a bit to land perfectly.

He bend down, dirt and rips already staining his relatively new pair of jeans. There are blue hyacinths next to a array of purple flowers that he can't name even as he plucks a few of both.

Tying them together with a strand of blue ribbon, he carefully puts them in his backpack. Throwing it over his shoulder, reaching back awkwardly to fit it over his other, something rattles the door to the garden and Tommy throws himself forward to climb the fence. Too late, he thinks as someone's hand wraps around his ankle. "Let go-!"

"Not until you come down!" You yell back, tired lines under your eyes. You were waiting for him, he realizes. "You're going to break your leg trying to jump!"

"Then let go!" He tugs at his leg but for just a moment he loses balance and gives up on his pants to curl his fingers around the metal tug himself up. In his panic he kicked you in the face. Good, he thinks vindictively.

You tug harder and Tommy is wailing as his arms reach out to stop the impact. His palms burn, arms aching with the impact still ringing in his bones.

"Shit kid," You had jumped back when he fell but now you're kneeling at his side, face twisted like it's torn between helping or not. Tommy doesn't even care, instantly scrambling to make sure the flowers in his backpack are safe. To his great relief, the flower petals are only slightly smushed.

"Just go away," Tommy says, pulling his backpack to his chest, watching you with narrowed eyes. "I haven't been doing anything wrong."

"You've been stealing my flowers," You chide softly, frowning as you stood up. Taking him in for a second, you sigh, putting out a hand to help him stand. "Alright, let's go then."

"What?" Tommy knows his face probably looks like he bit a lemon but honestly it's a fair reaction. "Uh?"

"I want to make sure the girl is pretty enough to warrant flower theft." You say, crossing your arms when Tommy stand on his own. He puts his arm through the backpack strap slowly, staring down at his shoes. This is a... fairly odd situation he's in now.

"I have a feeling you won't let me leave if I don't bring you with me," Tommy says, grimacing at your determined nod. This was going to be awkward. He's never really brought anyone to see Wilbur before, not besides Tubbo and Ranboo. "Alright, let's go then."

You unlock the gate, pulling a key out of your pocket like you knew Tommy would break. Together, and that is such an odd thought, you start walking. You're a few paces ahead even though Tommy's supposed to be leading but he's too busy holding the flowers gingerly, careful not to knock any petals off, to care where you are.

"So," You start, probably uncomfortable in the silence that had been following you both. "What's her name?"

"His name is Wilbur," Tommy awkwardly starts, unsure of how to broach the fact that they're definitely not dating.

"That's a nice name," You say without skipping a beat. Not homophobic then, that's nice. "Does he like those flowers or did you pick at random?"

"Hyacinths were his favourite but I always bring him blue so I thought purple would shake things up," Tommy shrugs, glancing up at your approving look before scowling down at his flowers. Well, technically yours but- doesn't matter they're his now.

"Those are lavender," You slow down next to him, pointing at the pretty flowers that wrap around the hyacinths. "But you also have a few small alliums. They're the circle ones, right there."

"They're pretty," Tommy says softly and now that he's thinking the allium is kinda familiar. Ranboo had given him one when they first met. He had it pressed between a book somewhere. "I'm sure Wil's gonna like them."

"Do you bring him flowers every weel?" You ask, side-by-side. looking over the bouquet.

Tommy nods because he always takes flowers from your garden so you probably already knew. "II like to keep him looking nice. If he's surrounded by dead flowers it just gets sad."

You tilt your head in confusion but shrug. it goes silent for a minute before Tommy sees large metal gates., pulled open wide and ever-daunting. "Ready to meet him?"

"We're at a graveyard." You bring up, skittish like Tommy can't tell where he is. You do look pretty disgruntled though so Tommy doesn't take it to heart. "do you and Wil hang around graveyards often?"

Tommy just wordlessly guides you along, hearing leaves crunch as you slowly follow. In a few minutes of silence, minutes you try to fill by asking questions that Tommy can't answer. Then you are standing by a polished grave and Tommy plucks a few offending weeds off the carved stone. pulling the wilting flowers out of the glass vase and replacing them with the new ones, making sure the ribbon stays on nice and pretty.

"Oh," You say and when Tommy looks back at you, you're lips are pressed together into a tight line, brows furrowed with tension. "I didn't realize..."

He shrugs, wordlessly turning back to Wil. "Hey Wil, this is Y/N, I've been stealing flowers from their garden for you. They're... alright, I suppose. I think you two would've gotten along, probably."

"Hello Wilbur," You start slowly, moving to kneel down next to Tommy. "I meet Tommy like 20 minutes ago but I've already gotten tired of him." Tommy rolls his eyes with a smile. "Tommy told me you liked Hyacinths, they're nice flowers. You have good taste."

"I still think the alliums are better," Tommy chimed in, leaning forward to brush a hand against the stone. He softens his words, speaking quietly to the heaviness in the air that haunts him. "But I guess you do have pretty good taste."

You put a hand on Tommy's shoulder, squeezing with a silent apology. He nods, feeling slightly choked. After Wilbur's death, the whole family took it hard. Phil started putting crazy hours into working, Technoblade went on another fencing tour (which he hasn't done in years), and at this point, Tommy's the only one who lives in the empty two-story house. Until you joined him, he can say with certainty that he was the only one who visited Wilbur. No one's held him since it happened, not until your slightly awkward one-arm hold on his shoulder, comfort and burn.

"Two weeks," You say and Tommy turns to you, slightly confused. "That's how long you've been stealing flowers from me, two weeks. Is that...?"

"Yeah," Tommy says and this time his voice is watery. God, he should've just told you to fuck off. Now he's going to look like a mess. "I try to visit him every day. I don't want him to feel lonely without me or some shit."

"You're a good kid," You say, rubbing a circle into his shoulder. You look back at the flowers and grimace, "I'd like it if you didn't steal my flowers but I'm not going to report anything. Not to your parents or the police. It can be our secret."

"He would've liked you," Tommy says before he can stop himself. His ears burn and it's not just with the cold. "You're a good person and... Wilbur would probably be in love with your garden."

"If he's anything like you, I'd probably like him too." You look over at him, probably spotting his embarrassed flush. You stand, holding a hand out to help him and he takes it. "It's pretty cold out, kid. Let's go get some hot cocoa, my treat."

"Okay," He says and it's with a relief he can't understand. "Goodbye Wil."

{《☆》}

[Remember when I said that the other post was going to be the last one til after Christmas? I lied. I'm a liar. I was in a discord call and then I blacked out and woke up with this written. Life is crazy like that ig.]

[ALSO GO SUB TO TECHNO WE NEED TO SUPPORT THE YT MAN AND HE NEEDS TO GET TO 10 MIL GO GO GO!!!!!]

[L0v3, k1ng]