↳ ❤ 𝑫𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈~

Request by itsnotfire : "Could we get a part two of this where the reader does test Fundy's loyalty please? Also your work is absolutely amazing!"

[1800 words]
[They/Them pronouns]

{《☆》}

It starts like all good things, with a bang.

Fundy's cooking for you, a hobby he's taken up as weeks with nothing to do have passed by. You can smell it from the study, the lining of cow's blood he mixed in the soup just for you. Fundy's part fox, which means he enjoys raw meat just as much as you, but he's never enjoyed human blood as much as you do. It's sweet for him to add some in, even if it's cows blood.

You're filing down more paperwork, seems some vigilante named Monarch has been raiding your warehouses looking for something or... You chance a glance towards the photo on your desk, a high-quality one of you and Fundy in your background having a picnic. He was laughing when it was taken, beautiful brown eyes pressed closed, cheeks slightly red. You loathed admitting you had gotten a tad attached to the little fox but the thought of someone coming looking for him had your blood boiling.

Then, as you almost snapped your pen in half, a loud bang came from the kitchen alongside a sharp yelp from Fundy. You rushed forward, slightly breathless as you whirled into the kitchen only to find Fundy tearing up, shaking on the floor as boiling soup soaks his clothes.

He looks up at you, shaky lips pressed together to hold sobs in. Without any hesitation he rushes for you, throwing himself into your chest to sob. The soup is a mess on the floor, steam rolling off it and you grimace. You peel him away from you, looking at the mess he's made of himself.

"Oh darling," You coo, reaching up to cup his face. "You're filthy. I bet it hurts, doesn't it."

Fundy nods, sniffling. "I didn't mean to drop it, I swear. It was just so hot and..." he sniffles, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, shh shh, look at me." You wiped tears and soup off his face. "Go run a shower and I'll get someone to pick this up and meet you there."

"Okay," he muttered softly. Glancing back at you, he leaves slowly.

You sigh, turning to the kitchen. It's a burden to pick up yourself so you'll just call someone to do it for you. As you call for a helper, you think back to Fundy's distant behavior. He's been zoning off far more lately and while he's always quick to fix anything he does wrong, today he's... sensitive.

You don't stand around long. After you call them, you're already making quick strides to catch up to Fundy. As you open the door, you catch the sniffling over the pouring of the bath.

Fundy looks over, stripped sown to just his boxers, which miraculously look barely touched. He does brighten up a bit when you enter but it's still diluted in the melancholy.

You strip to your boxers too, sitting in the large tub with Fundy gladly between your legs, back to your chest. Your little fox greatly enjoys being held, even now that somethings bothering him he's all over you, head tipped back to rest on your shoulder.

"What's wrong darling," You ask gently, pressing soft kisses to his jawline. "You're acting more distant than usual."

"It's nothing just..." He bites his lower lip and looks away with a sigh. "I miss home."

You try to ignore the tension in his body as he asks. It's so off-putting when he gets scared of you. You sigh, thinking back to Monarch's recent break-in to one of your warehouses, trying to find information on Fundy, rightfully assuming you had something to do with it. Maybe... maybe he could visit home.