↳ ❤ 𝑳𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝑭𝒍𝒂𝒎𝒆

[2900+]
[he/him pronouns]
[Art by (@)sonnett_vl on Twitter]

{《☆》}

You lounge across your older sisters bed, her annoying highness sitting at her dresser as she applied some of the human makeup she recently took a liking to.

"I don't get why we even need to host the festival when we could've had one at the overworld like we usually do." You said, vocally complaining as you have been for the last half hour.

"The council said a festival would help human relations. We want them as allies, remember." She put extra emphasis on 'allies'.

"Besides," she adds on. "Your Twin Flame will he there, is he not? Sir Halo?"

You brighten up instantly, remembering your little flame's letter about coming to visit. He even provided his dressing colours, to match. "He is. Arriving with the humans and leaving a day after the Archangels." Exactly 13 days.

Your sister nodded in approval. Anna and Bad had always had an odd and complicated relationship, leaning towards hate-filled respect for one another. You aren't very sure when or how it started, just that it did. If Bad hadn't stayed at least a week, Anna would use it as an excuse to ban him from the kitchen for his entire life.

"Now, Y/N, when the humans get here you'll be on your best behaviour, you hear me?" She very much threatens you. Then in a quieter but still warning tone, she whispers. "We don't want a repeat of your 7th Circle dance when you-"

"I will literally choke you in your sleep, ᓭ⍑⚍ℸ ̣ ⚍!¡ Anna!" You yell, your eyes shine with magic even if you'd never actually hurt her.

Anna rolls her eyes, (e/c) just like yours and just like your mothers were. She stands with practised grace, smoothing out wrinkles on her suit. It's one of your mother's old ones, her favourite at one point if you recall correctly.

"Both the humans and the Nephilim should be arriving soon." Anna reminds you. "So hurry down unless you want to miss your little flame."

You fall back against the bed as she leaves, mind filled with ideas of how your reunion could go. He'll walk through the entrance in his dazzling suit with his charming and shy smile and you'll be waiting there for him. Bad would run up to you, his beautiful smile spread wide over his face. When you lean down, pressing your horns together and sharing your flames for the first time in months.

You almost trilled in delight at the thought.

The idea spurred you to dress quicker, excited for your reunion. You hurried past servants who nodded in respect before you left.

You could feel him getting closer, but so was another, smaller, piece of his flame. In the body of another, vaguely human body.

You floated down the stairs, tucking your wings under your cloak. Your sister was already there, greeting early arrivals with an easy smile.

You bounced on your heels, glancing over the shoulder of every person you greeted. Bad and his mini were close, close enough that you should've been able to see him already. He was shorter than you but not that short.

Anna gives you a 'suck-to-suck' look over a diplomats shoulder as you pout. But then she starts grinning. With an amused smirk, she nods to something behind you.

You turn around and see a human-sized Bad walking through the main entrance.

Shrinking wasn't something you usually (or at all) did but if Bad wanted to be tiny you'd play along. You may be a bit enthusiastic about throwing your human-sized self at Bad but he catches you anyway.