↳ ❤ 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔

Request by Poppet3126 : "I love this!! Maybe a part 2?"

[He/him pronouns]
[2300+ words]

{《☆》}

Dean knits the yarn between his fingers as you talk, more than happy to rest his legs over your chest. You hang off of his hospital bed, "So Spencer decided to actually talk to Derek, right? But apparently, Derek had gotten with Savannah, the medic lady."

"Derek is stupid, Spencer is amazing," Dean frowns, still the same kid who'd follow Spencer around like a duckling when he was younger. "Isn't Savannah the one who makes the bad eggnog?"

Right, that incident left a permanent mark on your brother. Dean loves eggnog and for Savannah to make it so horribly permanently tarnished her name in his eyes.

"How have the doctors been recently," You fiddled with the end of the scarf Dean had been knitting. "I heard they're close to a cure."

Dean shrug, awkwardly ducking his head. "They haven't told me much, just that they're starting testing and it's going well."

"That's good," You reach up to brush a finger against his cheek. "You know Mom would be so proud of you. I'm so proud of you."

"I know," Dean says, leaning into your palm. He didn't remember your parents but his eyes got all shiny whenever you brought them up. "Can you call off today?"

"I wish I could," You sigh, slumping back against the bed. "But just because I got the promotion doesn't mean they can't take it away. Calling off during the first week wouldn't help."

Dean frowns, pouting as he continues his scarf. "Will you visit tomorrow?"

"Of course, bud," Standing tall, you leaned over to press a kiss to your brother's forehead.

{《☆》}

You fix the straps on your arms, pulling the iron armour tighter around you. Something about being a permanent guard for the king- for Eret- was nerve-wracking. Kori and Raven were fixing their own armour behind you, joining you on your shift. It was nice to hang out with them, as teasing as they were.

Oh, the teasing. Even since your little breakfast date with Eret, none of Eret's Eight have stopped poking fun at it. Light-hearted, of course, but still embarrassing.

You press your lips together, trying not to let the thought of Eret break your carefully crafted aloofness. You pull a strap too tight, the metal digs into your arms but it's bound to loosen more so you don't bother fixing it.

Kori and Raven are already out the door, with months of practice in the complex straps and with the efficiency to prove it. They wait for you at the door, Kori blowing their bubblegum up loudly.

"Is Sara still waiting for us?" You walk over quickly, careful not to trip over yourself. You've done it before and let me tell you, standing in full iron armour is hard. Your sword is sheathed at your side for quick access but Kori and Raven don't seem bothered to do the same.

"Nah, she always heads out a bit early on Saturdays," Raven nudges Kori with a matching grin. "She has to meet with her secret loverboy."

"Or lover girl," Raven laughs, running a hand through their spiked up black hair. "I know Sara isn't one to discriminate."

"Oh don't try teasing when she isn't here," Kori shakes their head with a grin. "Not when (Y/N) right here is free ammo."

"I hate both of you." You hide your smile by walking away, still a bit put off by the idea of Eret being unprotected.