↳ ❤ 𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒎𝒑𝒐𝒐 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒈

[1200+ words]
(He/him pronouns)

{《☆》}

You stare at the white bottle, the tiny black words practically blind to you. When was the last time you went shopping? It was an abhorrent thought because ew, social interaction. But sadly, because of your isolation, you've lost all skill at shopping.

You're just standing there,, considering the benefits of a classic Dove shampoo. It's not 2 in 1, so it's probably fine. You throw it in your trolley and head off towards conditioners.

The bottles are all so colourful over here, you noticed almost instantly. You don't have much time to notice, though. Not when a fellow shopper at Tesco's suddenly collapses. Their head bounces off the wall as they start sliding down, trolley bumping into yours.

You blink. "Uh...?" Hesitantly walking over, you poke the man in the arm. They move slightly, to your utter relief. You can't imagine what you would've done if they had just died. That would not have looked good to be caught poking a dead body.

"Sir?" You try, to no result. They are limp, their cart a few feet away from them. Slowly, you reach over and pull their head onto your lap so you can check them over.

There isn't any blood that you can find, sifting your fingers around his scalp. So it's likely just gonna be a heavy headache. You still take a second to brush a finger over the area as a sort of condolence. They shift under your hands, pressing themselves closer to the hand.

Wow. They seem almost as touch starved as you.

You pull your hand away from their fluffy brown hair and consider ways to wake someone. You saw once on the American Office that Dwight held the nose and mouth closed to wake someone up. You also experienced it once when your delightful sister tested it on you.

Maybe not then.

Luckily, or maybe unluckily, you didn't have to think much longer when your sleeping beauty slowly blinked. You almost thought you heard then mumble pretty before your situation registered.

"What the–!" You flinched away as they scrambled back. "Who are you–!"

"Er, Y/N? I'm sorry it's just, you had collapsed and– and, I dunno?" You flailed awkwardly. They nodded along, just as awkwardly. Their pretty eyes were slightly teary as they rubbed at the back of their head. "Are–, you okay?"

"Uh, yeah. I'm just–, well, colourblind so–, uh..." They grimace at their own odd explanation. "My eyes are sensitive and it doesn't usually make me pass out but today was just unlucky."

You wince. You couldn't imagine how hard that must be. Your cousin dealt with minor colourblindness, but never to the extent of passing out. You never even knew it could get that bad.

"Well, I'm glad you're okay, uh–?" You flustered yourself, realizing you don't even know their name. "... mate?"

They blinked at you for a second before bursting into laughter. You couldn't contain your own laugh, feeling oddly charmed by the stranger.

"My name is George." They give you a small grin, which lights up their face. You give a small, flustered squeak to which they thankfully ignore.

"I'm glad you're okay, George."

"Thank you for, well, trying to help," George awkwardly laughed. "Sorry you had to see me like that though."

"Oh no! You're fine. I mean, who wouldn't help?" You fiddled with a loose thread on your sweater.

The pretty brunet shook his head, "Still, thanks."

"I mean," You licked your strangely dry lips. Now wasn't a good time to look half-dead, you realized. "I get that this might be awkward and you can totally say no but—, uh, can I get your nunber?"