♠️ | f o u r t e e n

🔥

TO SAY JENNIFER WAS in pain was an understatement.

The end result of participating in a difficult dance routine with Shawn that clearly bothered her foot and practicing for a cross country tryout at the same time was a rapidly forming stress fracture. Beck was rather unimpressed with how simply she hurt herself, especially when she returned from the hospital with a fracture boot and crutches. But he'd still taken the liberty of carrying her things around for her and staying by her side whenever she needed him. She wasn't happy to have to sit out of dance, but all she'd get in response from her sister was that she should be lucky she wasn't in a wheelchair.

At least Beck had no choice but to let her use his lap as a legrest now.

The bell rings to signal the end of yet another fourth period and dismissing the students of Hollywood Arts for lunch break. Sikowitz's acting class stands from their seats and pulls bags over their shoulders as their teacher thanks them for their good work that day. With Beck's help, Jennifer stands from her chair and begins to hobble after her sister out of the classroom with him carrying her bag for her, when Sikowitz says the dreaded words.

"Wait. Tori, Andre, Beck, Shawn, Jade, Jennifer, Cat, Robbie. Stay for a moment."

Nearly all of the named groan as they let their fellow classmates exit the room, then turn around to face their teacher.

Tori is the first to notice something unusual about him. "Um...Why do you have a woman's purse?"

"I don't have a pur..." He trails off and looks down to see, indeed, a purse clutched in his right hand. "Good Gandhi, where'd this come from? And where's my dozen bagels?"

Jade rolls her eyes. "Can I leave?"

"Wait. How would you teenagers...like to do something...for money?"

The group all turn to glance at each other, eyebrows and faces reading with question. Most of their gazes travel to Beck for advice, the boy merely shrugging.

"Can we have some details first?" asks Shawn.

"Well, I assume you're all familiar with Kevin Chase?"

Beck asks next, pointing at the man, "The guy who owns, like, half the hotels in Vegas?"

"I'm telling the story!" Sikowitz exclaims like a child, forcing the teenager to raise his hands in defense.

"Sorry."

"Kevin was my roommate in college, And now he's extremely wealthy, and his little boy Is turning four years old this week. The big o four."

"What do you want, man?" Rex the puppet asks from Robbie's arms.

"Kevin hired the Waggafuffles to perform a song. At his son's birthday party."

Little Cat suddenly cries out happily, "Oh, I love the Waggafuffles!" She then proceeds to perform the theme song of her favorite show, moving around to the end, only to be greeted with everyone staring at her strangely.

"Shut up," says Rex, and she gasps.

"Rex told me to shut up!"

"Yes, thank you, Rex."

Fed up with her time being wasted, Jade sighs and removes a dollar bill from her purse, one that she moves to offer the teacher. "I'll give you this dollar to get to the point," she says.

"I couldn't possibly take your money." But despite his words, that's exactly what he does. "Apparently, the Waggafuffles' private jet...crashed. And so, now, Kevin needs a new musical group to perform. At his son's birthday party."