♠️ | e i g h t

🔥

TO EVERYONE'S DISMAY BUT not surprise, yet another argument between Jade West and Beck Oliver has taken over the minimal amount of fun at Hollywood Arts. Apparently, a picture of Beck with a more famous student, Alyssa Vaghn, has taken over Buzzfinger and word about their friendship has reached the school's gossip corner faster than the tortoise that won the race against the hare. Upon Jade's initial discovery, she threw a rock at her boyfriend. And what Beck considers to be worse, Jennifer hasn't spoken to him since the night of Uptown Downtown and therefore isn't there to help mend their relationship once again.

It's easy to say tensions are rather high.

"Hey!" Jade's loud voice penetrates the main hall of the school as she follows him to his locker. "We're not done talking about this."

"I am."

"Well, I'm not!"

Beck sighs heavily, then turns to face her. "Listen. Alyssa Vaghn is just a friend."

"Yeah, a friend who's already sent you six text messages!"

It's the wrong moment for Beck's phone to go off, indicating yet another message.

"Seven," Jade says through gritted teeth.

"You don't know that's her!"

"Is it?"

Reluctantly he withdraws his phone to check his messages, and upon seeing Alyssa's name flashing on the screen, he bites his lip and prays to whatever God above that Jade doesn't throw another rock at him.

"What's your favorite tropical fruit?" he asks, attempting to change the subject.

Jade rolls her eyes and tosses her hair back. "The mango, and I don't like your new little relationship with Alyssa Vaghn."

"It's a text message."

Done with the conversation, Beck turns to open his locker. However Jade is still right at his back with more demanding questions.

"And what does it say? Maybe, 'Hi Beck! My daddy just got richer and I just got prettier, let's make out!'?"

He sighs and once again turns to her. "Okay, let me see if I understand you."

She nods. "Let's see if you do."

"Because you and I date, I can't be friends with other girls?"

"You can be friends with ugly girls, but not girls who are gorgeous socialites who text message you a hundred times a day."

"You do realize my best friend is your sister, right?"

"So?"

"You're twins."

"Oh, okay, so you think I'm ugly!"

"You know, you—" Beck's eyes find Tori walking down the stairs, talking with, to his great dismay, Jennifer. Still, it's a friend, and he thinks her influence may have some sway over Jade's anger. "Tori!" he calls over, gaining both girls' attention. "Can you come here?"

"What?" Tori timidly asks after giving Jennifer a questioning look. The two approach the couple.

"If you were my girlfriend—"

"Oh, great way to start the question," Jade comments dryly. Jennifer frowns at her sister, then links their arms together while sending a poisonous glare at Beck, who holds up a hand to silence her.

"—would you be freaked out that I'm just friends with Alyssa Vaghn?"

"Who cares what she thinks?"