♠️ | s e v e n

🔥

"READY? ACTION."

Sinjin brings up the spotlights so they fall on Tori and Robbie, who stand on the stage in the Blackbox, each carrying a script.

"Ugh, I don't know," Tori recites.

"Oh, come on!" he shouts back. "Why can't you admit that you're in love with me?"

"Why are you in love with me?"

"Because, you're beautiful. Look at your face in the moonlight."

"I can't."

"You can!"

"No. A person can't look at their own face; it's impossible."

"Then, marry me, and I'll buy you a thousand mirrors."

"But that's so many!"

"My father's a billionaire! I can give you everything you've ever wanted. And, I'm very good-looking."

Tori hums as she looks her friend up and down. "Hmmm...yeah."

"Think."

"And lights go," Duvall calls, alerting Sinjin to take down the spotlight from Robbie. He exits, then takes a seat beside Rex, whom he has laid on a chair. Tori turns, and Beck is standing at the other end of the stage, script in hand, looking at her with the same love he looked at the West twins with.

"I don't know," she says, voice breaking.

"It's okay that you don't know," he assures.

"But you deserve an answer."

"I can wait. For you, I would wait a thousand years."

"But that's so many!"

"I know I'm poor. I know I don't have much to offer, but...I do love you."

She shakes her head and turns away, walking away slightly. "Because I'm beautiful?" she asks.

Beck reaches forward and touches her shoulder, turning her back to him. "I don't love you because you're beautiful," he states. "You're beautiful because I love you."

"Whoa."

From beside her twin sister, Jade rolls her eyes with a huff and continues tapping away on her phone. Jennifer, on the other hand, watches the scene intently. She loves watching Beck perform; he appears so in his element, like there's nowhere he'd rather be but onstage. And she can admit that Tori isn't too bad at acting herself. The pair seem completely believable as a couple in secret, unfair love.

Of course, the moment is ruined when disco music crashes throughout the theater, startling everyone. Jade angrily jumps to her feet and screams at Sinjin, "What up with the disco?"

"I'm sorry!" he calls down. "I hit the wrong thing!"

"No! Fifteen years ago, your mother gave birth to the wrong thing!"

As she plops back in her chair, Duvall stands. "Okay, why don't we take a break? Tori, Beck, you guys were great. Really nice stuff."

"How was I?" Robbie asks the director.

"I've seen worse."

Jennifer snorts, then stands and makes her way over to the pair on stage and leans her arm against Beck's shoulder. "I love watching you act," she tells him, earning a cheeky smile in response.

"All thanks to my good luck charm," he says while ruffling her hair affectionately. She slaps his hand away with a scoff.

"Uh, guys, guys," Jade says, standing up once again, eyes on her phone and free arm waving around for everyone's attention. "Everyone shut up a second."