♠️ | t w e l v e

🔥

JENNIFER BUZZES WITH EXCITEMENT in film class. It's the one thing she, Jade, and Beck have in common when it came to the arts. All of them had the same desire to work in film, directing, and acting. The trio of work came hand in hand, just as the three of them did. So she sits with her sister and best friend in the Blackbox theater, legs thrown casually over Beck's lap and ignoring as he drums against her knee to a rhythm only he can hear. Jade sits on her other side with her own feet resting atop the chair in front of her, occupied by Cat. From behind them, Tori is playing a Would You Rather? game with her friends, Andre sitting on the back of a chair beside her.

"Okay," she's asking, "if you had to give up the internet or one of your feet?"

Instantly, Andre, Cat, and the twins all say, "Foot."

Beck lifts his foot from the ground, stares at it for a moment, then says, "See ya, foot."

Tori looks appalled by their answers. "Really? You all give up a foot to keep the internet?"

"Totally."

"Wouldn't you?"

"You love the internet."

"I know, but my foot is a part of my body. And the internet is..." Her brown eyes flit to the foot she has resting on the top of the chair beside Jennifer, then drops it to the ground. "...yeah, bye foot."

The bell rings at her words, and their teacher, Chris Davey, enters the Blackbox theater, saying, "All right, future superstars, take your seats, because at this point in your lives, I am in charge of you." He drops his bag beside the Plexiglas podium as their classmates scramble to find empty chairs with their friends. "Come on, hurry up. Let's not waste time. We've got some excitement today."

"Yay, I love excitement!" Cat shouts from the front row happily.

Tori looks at her strangely. "Who doesn't love excitement?"

Cat turns around to point at the boy sitting on Tori's right. "Damian."

"She's right...Tori," he says darkly while turning his gaze onto her.

Thoroughly creeped out, she scoots her chair closer to Andre.

"Okay," says Chris. "So today, instead of discussing the differences—"

However, teacher is cut off as the doors open again and in runs an out of breath, curly haired boy with a puppet in his arms, looking as if he'd run the whole way there. "Hi. Sorry I'm late, sweaty and out of breath," he greets.

"Somebody get me some coffee," adds Rex.

Chris sighs. "Robbie, just sit down."

"Why are you late?" asks Tori.

"'Cause my Uncle Marty gave me this old car, which I was really psyched about, except it keeps breaking down," he explains as he maneuvers his way into the West's row, pushing through the trio until finally collapsing into the chair beside Beck. "And on my way here, the motor died in the middle of a really bad neighborhood. Now, don't get me wrong. I like all people, but look, a mean guy took my left shoe! And Rex's!"

"Put my foot down," the puppet orders.

"Okay. Let's all shut up and let teacher talk. Now, I bet you are all familiar with the short film called Butterface."

The whole class mutters in agreement. As the voices die down, Tori's erupts, stating, "Oh my God, I've watched that movie online like a billion times."

"Yeah, who hasn't?" Jade snaps in the annoyance of listening to her constantly talk.

"Well, I'm glad you're all aware of the film because I'd like you to meet the director of Butterface... "