♠️ | s i x

🔥

TO SAY JENNIFER WAS pissed off is an understatement.

Her ideal weekend generally consists of her and Jade accompanying Cat to the mall for shopping, or her and Beck hanging out binging The Office or watching iCarly together.

Comforting him in his trailer has no place in her weekend plans.

The following Monday after the incident that got Beck fired, she and Jade are in rare form that only happened when he was wronged or threatened. The twins are so ridiculously protective of each other, it's hard to imagine what they can be like with Beck, the closest friend they've ever had or will have.

He does his best to keep them reeled in; the whole day, it's a shock to see any of them without each other. Beck, because he fears they'll explode on an innocent student if pushed too far, Jade because she radiates a rage that repels anyone who dares come near them, and Jennifer because she refuses to leave Beck alone in case someone mentions the movie or mocks him.

So as lunch hour falls upon them and Jennifer buys the trio lunch, her ideal place to sit is in Beck's car, where it can be just the three of them, away from the rest of the world. It does not consist of sitting with Tori and Andre, the latter having a keyboard in front of him that he would occasionally play a few notes on.

Beck, sensing the reluctance from the twins, leads the way to his friends. Andre plays an ominious piece as Tori attempts to hide her face from the Wests.

Jade looks at her boyfriend, unamused. "Can we sit somewhere else?"

"Nope," Beck replies before taking a seat across from Andre.

Both twins sigh, Jennifer rounding the table to sit beside the African American boy and Jade with Tori, snapping, "Fine. Let's sit with the girl who can't keep her mouth shut and got you fired."

Once again, Andre plays something on the keyboard, though stops at the look on Tori's face.

"Beck, I swear, if there was anything I could do to make it up to you, I would," the girl explains, ignoring Jennifer's threatening eyes.

"I bet you would," the older West says, only to be interrupted by Andre, yet again. Once he finishes, she continues. "You know, if you really wanted to help, you wouldn't sit there like a bag of doorknobs. You'd do something."

And with that, she slams her hand on the table, snatches up her bag, and storms away. Beck calls, "Where're you goin'?"

"Anywhere else!" she yells back.

Once again, Andre plays music to her departure. Jade angrily comes back, slaps his hands off the board, then flips it over and proceeds to remove the batteries, dumping them out before continuing on her way.

"Whaa, whaa, whaa," Andre sings sadly.

Beck sighs and looks at his friends apologetically. "Better go hose her down."

"I'm so sorry," Tori says as he stands, slinging his bag over his shoulder and picking up his food. He smiles softly and affectionately pats her head.

"Stop saying that." He then pointedly looks at his best friend, about to open her mouth and retort. "Play nice, Jennifer," he says warningly. She merely pops a bubble in his direction, earning an eye roll before he departs after his girlfriend.

"He doesn't seem too upset," Andre assures.

"No, but I am," Jennifer snaps back, blue eyes filled with fire at the girl. "You messed up real bad, cheekbones. Be glad I haven't thrown you down the social ladder yet."