♠️ | f o u r

🔥

JENNIFER ISN'T EXPECTING MUCH from the coming day. In fact, she's excited. The students are starting a Stage Fighting class, one she's very much looking forward to, and all of her friends would be joining her.

She isn't expecting to walk in and see Tori on the back of their instructor, Beck trying to calm her down. Everyone is screaming at each other.

Andre, after walking in with her, jumps to pluck the girl from his back as well as their teacher. Jennifer only scoffs. Beck had told her prior that he would be talking and practicing with the instructor, Russ, and catch up before class started. She has no idea why Tori overreacted and attempted to strangle the poor man. She and Jade exchange a nonchalant glance, shrugging, as the boys calm her down.

"What are you doing?" their teacher, Mr. Duvall, demands.

"That guy was beating up Beck!" Tori exclaims in response.

"Oh, you poor thing," says Jade mockingly as she moves to her boyfriend and laces his hand in her's.

Beck assures his new friend. "We were practicing."

"This is Russ."

"I'm Russ!"

"He's a professional stuntman. I invited him here to teach the class about stage fighting."

"And now Tori says, 'What's stage fighting?'" Jennifer says, linking arms with her sister.

"I wasn't going to say that," Tori defends, but then instantly turns back to Andre and asks, "What is it?"

"Fake fighting that looks real," he explains, "like for a play or a movie."

"Oh."

"Jen and I took a class with him last summer."

"Well, it looked like he was hurting you!"

Jade asks, "Why do you care?"

"'Cause I figure he already suffers enough pain dating you."

"You wanna see pain?"

Jennifer and Beck are quick to restrain the violent older twin, the latter suggesting they go sit down while looking at Tori with an apologetic smile. He leads the twins over to a trio of chairs and sits his girlfriend in the middle one. As everything calms down, Russ begins the class, demonstrating techniques that would fool an audience into thinking he's throwing a real hit. Jennifer feels reminded of when she and Beck took his class the previous summer, her long term memory serving her well as she thinks of the time the pair of them had a fake fight in front of the class.

Toward the end of the period, Russ calls up Cat to help him demonstrate a fake punch. "Now, if I throw a punch at Cat, like this..." He steadies the redhead, then swings at her at full power, barely missing her nose and making her gasp in fear before smiling, "...it's easy to see that my fist didn't connect with her face."

"Thank you," she cuts in innocently.

"But if we stage it from a different angle, then..." He turns the girl around to face the remaining students, his back toward them. "Like I showed you," he says, then turns to Duvall and calls, "Sound effect ready?"