♠️ | e l e v e n

🔥

ANOTHER WEEK PASSES WITHOUT much happening, other than Beck forcing the twins together to talk through their problems. Andre is happy to hear that things are somewhat mended, though jealously has obviously drifted between the trio and they have seemed less close than before. His worry is brushed off by his friend, however, when she explains that the breakup was particularly nasty, but they wanted to keep it private for a while to sort through it. Beck, Jennifer, and Jade have returned to school with the appearance of things being normal once again, though it's easy to see some tension lingers between the twins.

On lunch the following Tuesday, the three sit with Andre and Tori and are quietly enjoying their food when Cat wobbles up with an excited grin on her happy face. In her hands, she carries a giant device that none of them recognize. The device is all but thrown on the table between the five, and though they look up to see what it is, they turn away just as quickly, uninterested.

Cat sighs, offended. "Don't you guys wanna know what that is?" she asks them.

Jade, less than impressed, drops her food and says, "Is it a transporter from the future that can beam you to another table, 'cause if it is, what button do I push?"

"That's so hurtful."

"You know, you don't always have to be mean to everyone," Tori defends the redhead, who sinks into the seat beside her.

"See, Tori's interested in my device."

Tori suddenly looks sheepish. "I'm really not."

Cat looks down at the table sadly. Andre quickly picks up on her mood drop and swings his arm over her shoulders and pulls her into his side.

"Aw, c'mon little Red, tell us about your doo-hickey," he assures with a bright grin.

Cat smiles winningly. "Okay, it's called: The snowbee. Watch."

She leans over the device and presses two buttons, before a giant blast of white powder all but explodes out of the plastic tube sitting on top. Everyone at the table flinches back from the sudden, what appears to be, fake snowstorm. It falls into their hair and onto their table and food. While Cat squeals in excitement, Jennifer lifts her jacket to shield her face from the blizzard. Somewhere in the chaos, Jade manages to reach her hand out to shut the device off.

"It makes pretend snow!" the redhead excitedly announces.

"I see that," Andre comments dryly.

Beck picks up his lunch, staring at it, and glances over at Jennifer's bowl. "It's all over my tostada. And Jen's salad."

"And my pizza," Tori adds.

"Well, do not eat it."

Jade looks up from brushing the fake snow from her bag, blue eyes glittering dangerously, as her twin and her ex-boyfriend are both about to take a bite from their lunch. "Why?" she says lowly.

Cat picks up the instruction manual from her backpack. "'Cause it says the fake snow is toxic and can cause abdominal bleeding."

Her words cause Jennifer to drop her fork and smack Beck's plate from his hands. The whole group begrudgingly pushes their now poisoned food to the center of the table.

"So what made you buy a machine that poisons people's lunches?" questions Tori with annoyance.

Her words don't deter the redhead as she holds up a blue magazine. "This catalog."

"Sky store?" Beck reads as Jennifer plucks the substance from his hair.

"Yeah. I went to visit my uncle and uncle this weekend In San Francisco, and they had these on the plane. It's like filled with all kinds of cool stuff you can buy. Oh, like this: A tree face. You put it on your tree to give it a face."