♠️ | t e n

🔥

WITH BECK HOME SICK, Jennifer has the new pleasure of spending time with her sister and Andre. The latter had gotten a ride from her that Monday, and they walk into school that morning with their heads high but spirits low, a large cup of coffee in the younger twin's hand. The moment her large blue eyes land on his friends sitting at the top of the stairs, she turns on her heel and attempts to leave to avoid whatever problems Tori seems to have today. Andre detects her desire to leave him immediately and grabs hold of her forearm to drag her alongside him.

"Hey, what goes on?" he greets.

"Hi," Jennifer adds sourly, defeated, and drinking her coffee.

"We're gonna get some iced coffee," Robbie tells them as he adjusts his backpack.

Andre frowns. "I thought caffeine makes you vibrate."

"Sometimes it's nice."

Tori suddenly gasps before the West can make a snarky comment. "Oh, a massage helmet! A stylish helmet that massages your head. That sounds fun, right?" Her friends mutter some kind of agreement, then she says, "No, it's awful!"

"I hate helmets."

"That's not good of an idea."

"It's a bad thing. Why is she all—" Andre asks.

"'Cause it's only three days until Trina's birthweek," she interrupts him as Cat lowers herself to sit beside her friend, leaning on her shoulder.

Her red eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Her birthweek?"

"You mean her birthday?" Robbie adds.

"You don't know my sister. She thinks one day isn't enough celebration so she calls it her birthweek. Now if I don't get her an amazing present, I'm gonna have to listen to her complain about it for the next six months."

"She complains enough already," Jennifer says. "I thought you'd be used to it by now."

Andre elbows his friend, then moves to sit at Tori's feet while removing his backpack. "All right. Chill down. We'll help you through this," he assures.

"Totally," agrees Cat and Robbie in unison with the latter sitting beside the redhead.

"Guess I don't have a choice here," says Jennifer as Andre drags her down to his side.

"Okay."

"The perfect present for Trina."

"Something amazing."

"Just get the massage helmet," Rex's voice emits from Robbie's backpack. Tori's annoyance is clear on her face as she stomps on the bag. "Oh, my ribs!"

By the time lunch rolls around, Jade has joined her sister and friends at their table. Though she sits away from Jennifer for the first time. The younger twin is instead seated between Andre and Robbie picking at her pasta while the older is across the table beside Cat and surprisingly Sinjin. Every time either of them look up, they avoid each other's eyes, and the tension doesn't go unnoticed by their friends. Tori has her laptop open in front of her yet again and the constant clicking of her typing into her notes is somehow louder than the music playing on the roof above them.

"Suggestions for birthweek presents for Trina," she mutters. "Okay. Andre, start us off."

"Cheese," he says.

"Let's not do cheese. Jenny?"

"Hellfire."

"Too dangerous. Robbie?"