♠️ | t h i r t e e n

🔥

THE TERRIBLE SOUND OF silverware scratching against glass is all that fills the quiet acting classroom that afternoon. The class themselves are watching a scene playing out on their small stage, where Tori Vega is seated at a round table with a new student sitting across from her. Both are holding forks and knives and are pretending to eat off the plates. Meanwhile, Sikowitz stands off to the side to watch them, with a glass container in his hand. Those who worked on the movie with Dale Squires recognize their new student as the younger clone that often followed the director around, however today is his first day at Hollywood Arts and he already has integrated into Sikowitz's weird system.

"How's your eggplant?" Tori questions as he looks up from the butterfly printed plate before him.

"It's fine," answers Shawn Squires. "How's your spaghetti?"

Tori then angrily throws her fork onto her plate. "I hate you!"

"Why?"

"I'm not having spaghetti! I'm having spagatini!"

"What's the difference?"

"Spagatini is a very thin noodles. Spaghetti is a relatively fat noodle! We've been over this!"

"I forgot!"

"I mean, why did we even take a pasta class together?"

Shawn also throws his fork down and points at Tori, about to escalate the argument, however Sikowitz rapidly interrupts the scene by calling, "And done."

Both actors are confused. "We're done?"

"But, we still have a few more lines."

"No, I meant this is done." Their teacher holds up the jar he'd been shaking all class period. Everyone eyes the pale yellow substance inside warily. Andre Harris is the one to ultimately ask what exactly he's been doing.

"What is that?"

"Well, it was a jar of cream, but now that I've shaken it vigorously for an hour, it's butter."

From between a set of twins, Beck Oliver narrows his eyes at the jar suspiciously, almost as if it'd done something wrong. Everyone else looks just plain confused.

Jade West finally looks up from her dark nails and says, "You make your own butter?"

"Indeed."

"Is it good?" asks Robbie Shapiro.

"I don't know, I refuse to eat dairy." And to the class's surprise, Sikowitz drops the jar into the trash can beside Andre. "Tori, Shawn, take your seats."

"If he doesn't eat dairy, why would he—"

Tori raises her hands. "I don't know. I don't get it."

As soon as the pair are seated again, Tori off on her own and Shawn beside Jennifer West, Sikowitz takes their place atop the stage. "All right, for the last few minutes of class, let's talk about the one-act play I'm directing."

Though he looks at everyone expectantly, he says nothing more. Jennifer's pastel colored eyes find those of her best friend seated on her right; both of them have a single eyebrow raised. From the beginning, Erwin Sikowitz always has been the strangest teacher. Today, however, he's completely stumped his whole class.

"Well?" Andre says irritably and confused.

"Well what?"

"You wanna talk about the one-act play you're directing?"

To their surprise, Sikowitz rolls his eyes and sighs, "All right." Jennifer's eyes meet the matching set of her twin next. Jade has a strand of pink hair curled around her finger with boredom, gaze flickering between bewildered and bored. "First of all, I wanna thank you all for auditioning. The two lead roles will be played by..." He begins the drumroll with his feet, and his class is quick to follow with an excited squeal coming from sweet Cat Valentine. "...Andre and Robbie."