Mellifluous Melodies (Leo Tsukinaga)

This is part one, there are probably so many mistakes, but I'm half asleep. I'll fix mistakes in the morning.  The Kohaku thing should be the next one-shot out, I don't know. Let's see what inspiration I get. Some of it is a bit abrupt, it'll be fixed I swear.

Requested by: Mocariko

Sorry it took so long!

__________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

I first met him that warm summer. A peculiar child.

I was over at my mother's friend's home. She had said that I should go upstairs and meet her kids if I wanted to, since one was especially shy.

I walked up the stairs taking one by one. After reaching the top I was winded, breathing heavily, as if I had just run a marathon. After all, the stairs seemed like such a large task for a young child such as I.

I walked into an open room, it seemed like it belonged to a young boy. A keyboard sat in the corner and the room was decorated with hues of blue. At one side there was a navy curtain that seemed to lead somewhere, I saw a boy walk towards them. I stared at him curiously wondering what he was doing. He grabbed one section of the curtain about to move it aside to walk in when he caught my eye, noticing me for the first time. His wide emerald eyes shining in the light.

His smile turned into a smirk, when he lifted the curtain covering him entirely except for his head, he brought a finger to his lips and winked, before disappearing behind the curtains. I blankly looked at the spot where he was previously standing and frowned. I didn't follow him; it'd be rather rude. Though I found it unfair that he could have a secret hideout.

There was a girl in the room next to his, but she was sleeping. I went back down, bored, and told my mother I was going to go outside.

I sat in the driveway and played with an orange flower. I put it on my lap and stared at it happily. It was a very pretty shade of orange, almost like his hair.

Without knowing it, the buzz of the cicadas and the gentle late afternoon sun lulled me to sleep.

~♘~

When I awoke, I found the flower just as I had left it, but a dark blue blanket was wrapped around me, as I shivered from the evening air. I stretched and walked back inside.

"Oh, were you two playing superheroes?" Asked the orange haired woman.

I lied and nodded, since it'd be odd to randomly have a blanket outside with you. I assumed the boy had left it on me.

The boy and I eventually began to talk during dinner. He was kind, yet a bit eccentric. He would talk passionately about music but bring up random facts just about anything.

Gradually, the boy and I got to know each other, I was there with him at all times. Even when he shattered to pieces like broken glass.

Our highest and lowest points in life were shared together. Nurtured by the pain and losses we had to go through. Yet all that would never have prepared me for when the beloved King fell.

Checkmate.

~♘~

I texted him again: 'I'm so sorry! I wish I could come!'

I put my head in my arms, I felt terrible not going to the concert when it was literally a walk away, but me, being a student in the music course who had a presentation today, could not go.