Dear Pianist (Eichi Tenshouin)

Hello! I hope the cover change didn't throw you off! I'll probably be changing it every once in a while. Don't be alarmed!

This was requested by: eichstars

I hope you like this one-shot!

~~~~~

I saw her on stage for the first time.

The first time I ever met her was after her recital. She looked so elegant up there, her hair adorned with light pink accessories and wearing a cream pink dress that fit her small slender figure perfectly. Her fingers moved across the black and white keys with grace. Even at a young age I could tell that the melodies produced were beautiful, really it wasn't something an average person couldn't figure out.

Something about her drew me in over the years, was it her smile? Her voice? Or was it just her overall?

She and I were playmates for so long, but now she's not just some playmate of mine, she was no longer a toy for me to play with. She turned into something much more, a young woman with a genius for music. The way she produced units was unlike anything I had ever seen. No matter who it may be she managed to make them shine brighter than a supernova.

She got along with everyone, especially the King of Knights. Leo grew to become quite fond of her when he returned. It bothered me, I wanted her to be mine, my muse.

Through years of being trapped in that suffocating hospital, she would occasionally drop by. She managed to make time for me. It may have been an obligation for her at first, but I had begun to think, maybe it was her own doing at some point.

*~*~*

I blinked slowly looking at her tired. She smiled, "I got some tea for us to share."

I didn't bother asking her what kind of tea she bought, she was rather tasteful in these types of things.

She handed the delicate teacup glided in intricate gold designs. The warm liquid smelled inviting, I quickly drank it all. I normally would sip on it but I wanted to talk to her and give her all my attention.

She spoke in a soft voice, it was soothing to listen to. She reached out a hand towards me, "Eichi-senpai...."

Her hand gently caressed my cheek, I melted into her touch.

*~*~*

"Eichi-senpai!" A panicked voice called out my name.

I blinked and lifted my head, a cough crawling its way up my throat. A water bottle was put in my hands, which I gratefully accepted and let the water calm the dry cough.

I looked at the person beside me. She wore a concerned expression on her face, "did you take your medication? I saw you passed out here when I walked in. You had me worried, you know."

"Oh no I must have fallen asleep." I was slightly disappointed, due the fact that my dream was, well just a dream. "I did take my medication, I just am more vulnerable in this kind of weather. I need to stay healthy."

"You better stay healthy. We have the winter StarFest coming up." She smiled.

"Yes, but aren't you on Trickstar's side?" I asked the second year.

"Yep! That's exactly why you have to stay away from those nasty colds. Since you accepted Hokuto's proposal, I have to work extra hard so Trickstar wins."

"You're so keen on seeing me destroyed it seems." I mused.

She shook her head, "no, not exactly...."

"Mm? Then what could it possibly be?"

"Well I- um...." She trailed off.

She grew a bit more flustered due to the lack of a comeback. Her cheeks colored with a light rosy hue. She bit her lip while her eyes darted around the room. It seems that I had put her in a tight spot.

"Well it seems like my dear Producer can't come up with a response." I got out of my seat and leaned towards her increasingly red face.

"I have to go!" She shoved a stack of papers into my arms before turning on her heel and making her way to the door.

I tilted my head, "where?"

"Leo-senpai! See you!" The door slammed shut behind her.

*~*~*

"You didn't fall ill!" She exclaimed her eyes glittering.

"Yes. Don't expect me to go easy on you though~ ♪." I took her hand in mine. I meant every word I had spoken. Because she was so dear to me, I had to go hard on her, I knew she would throw everything she had at me. With her ammunition, she would easily tackle me and take me down.

She gave me a surprised look before squeezing my hand, "I hope you wouldn't. It'd be an insult to both Trickstar and I if you did."

"Well then best of lu-" I was then cut off by an extremely loud and obnoxious voice that was all too familiar to me.

"(Y/n)!" Leo called out.

She turned her attention away from me and to the energetic ginger. She let go of my hand to hug him. My hand felt cold without her warmth and attention.

"You ready?" She asked.

Leo nodded his head, "Trickstar is getting cheeky. They better watch out for us Knights on the battlefield. And you too Blockhead Emperor."

"Don't worry "Ousama"-kun." I said through gritted teeth.

I took in a few deep breaths, trying to calm down the burning anger within me. They acted so casually, how I ached to be the same way with her. To touch her and hug her with out worrying about her being uncomfortable. She'll be mine by the end of the night, it's alright.

I had to go onstage. I looked over at the young producer, still busy chatting with Leo. I took matters into my own hands. "Good luck." I whispered into her ear before striding up to the rest of fine.

Every so often she would check up on me. If I was being honest she had every right to do so. My stamina was deteriorating rapidly, I felt as if I was suffocating, but I was sure I would be able to make it through until the end. I had to.

"Okay Eichi-senpai." She sighed. "Just be careful for me please."

I nodded and gave her a warm smile, "for you, my Dear Pianist."

My words left her stunned. I gave her some time alone to think, after all I'm not really the type to give nicknames or anything of the sort. It was quite rare.

*~*~*

I pulled her aside at the end. I wasn't too worried about any results. I had my sights on having her be mine tonight.

I held her hand as I led her out of the auditorium and to the Garden Terrace, away from the crowds of people. The cold night air felt refreshing after being inside the stuffy school.

We stepped into the building and I took both her warm hands into mine. She looked stunning, the moonlight shining and hitting her hair and face. Highlighting every feature of hers.

"Eichi-senpai? Something wrong?"

I shook my head, "just close your eyes."

"Okay." Her eyes fluttered shut. Her lashes casting thin shadows on her cheeks.

My heart thumped in my chest, this is the deciding moment.... I leaned in and kissed her.

"Mmph?" She let out a confused noise but began to kiss me back while wrapping her arms around my neck. We pulled away for air, her face was red and she was panting for air.

"You mean so much to me (Y/n). I love you." I whispered to her.

She sealed our lips in another kiss before speaking, "I love you too. I'll admit it, I have had a crush on you for so long now."

My lips parted, she really did, I wasn't imagining it then. My lips spread into a smile.

"Now let's get you inside and warmed up."