Ch6- Head Girl

~Flashback~James and the other Gryffindor laughed at the Slytherin, who was being violently lifted into the air by magic

~Flashback~
James and the other Gryffindor laughed at the Slytherin, who was being violently lifted into the air by magic. Severus thrashes around as he tries to cover his ears from the insane laughter and embarrassment.

Snape could hear a loud muffled groan from James as the spell of Severus wore off not too long ago. Severus glanced off to the scene to see James with a bloody nose and his friends present with bruises.

Severus's eyes soften at the sight of a fellow Slytherin. "What is wrong with you?" James fell to his knees as he clutched his nose. His friends were also throwing a dramatic fit on the ground.

"Why don't you answer that for yourself first, Potter?" The Slytherin had a gentle voice but a rough perspective of attitude as she never hesitated to stand up to a group of boys. That Slytherin was none other than a woman.

A strong woman, for that matter. "Get the h*ll out of here before I tell the headmaster about your behavior." The girl brought up her fists again, making a loud popping noise from her hands.

"Out of the way!" James pushed his friends aside as he ran towards the school." Severus's usual frown soon turned into a slight grin as he watched the boys running in fear. "Are you alright?"

The girl extended her arm as Severus hesitated before taking it. His eyes widened a centimeter when the girl had enough strength to pull him off the ground. "Thanks..." The girl smiled at him and helped him pick up his books.

"Well, Slytherin has to stick together, right?" The girl winked at him and dragged him along so that he wouldn't have to walk alone. "You're (Y/N) (L/N). Our House Prefect. Am I right?"

The girl's shocking expression turned into a toothy grin, and she pointed the finger at herself. "Am I that noticeable?" (Y/N) laughed and wrapped an arm around Severus's neck. "Just don't tell the higher-ups what I did to those bullies."

Severus hid his smile but felt happy to have found someone like (Y/N). "Good afternoon, Severus! You too, Prefect (L/N)!" An auburn-haired student came walking towards the two with a bright smile on her face.

"Lily Evans! How are you doing, dear?" (Y/N) may be in the same year as Severus and Lily, but she is very recognizable around the school for being a big sister for the years below. "I'm doing fine, thank you for asking."

(Y/N) smirked as she glanced at Severus, then back at Lily. "Hey, have you seen James anywhere? I haven't seen him since this morning." Severus kept quiet as (Y/N) stifled a laugh.

"Of course, dear! I just sent him and his friends to the Hospital Wing." Lily gasped and covered her mouth with her hand. "Oh my gosh! Are they alright?" (Y/N) nodded her head and saw Lily rushing down the hallways towards the medical room.

"So, it appears that Severus Snape fancies Lily Evans." Severus jumped at the sound of hearing Lily's name and "fancies" being in the same sentence. "You don't have to act so secretively."

(Y/N) rolled her eyes and led Snape towards the Great Hall. "Besides, she's a lovely girl," (Y/N) exclaimed as the two walked together towards the Great Hall.

~flashback ends~

"He's here, (Y/N), dear," Snape traced his fingers around the White Carnations flower crown (Y/N) has given him. "Harry Potter has returned to us." Snape wasn't talking to his friend.

He wasn't talking to anyone. Since he wasn't allowed to step foot into the room where (Y/N)'s body was currently lying, he had to hold the only thing he had left of (Y/N) and would pretend she was there every day.

He would continue reporting on the things she had missed and tell him everything he had witnessed or heard. Just like back then, when Snape would always come to (Y/N) to talk about his day and sometimes his feelings.

He wasn't looking for advice, but he was glad to have a friend support him and listen to every word he had to say. If only he had the chance to thank her and tell her that he'd appreciated her company.

"Good afternoon, Severus," Dumbledore smiled as he walked in and sat at an empty table. "Telling her about your day, I presume?" Dumbledore chuckles as Snape lets out a slight gruff noise.

He put the flower crown back in his drawer and drawn his attention towards Dumbledore. "Unless this is a staff meeting, Headmaster, I wish not to talk about Ms. (L/N) at the moment.

Snape crossed his hands, mostly watching Dumbledore's actions very closely. Snape hated to admit things that he didn't want anyone else to find out. But Dumbledore had always watched him from afar.

There was no point in pretending to ignore Snape's feelings. "Now, Severus, I understand that you're upset about leaving Ms. (L/N) into the care of the Ministry, but there was no other choice."

Snape raised an eyebrow at the headmaster. He was curious but angry as to why Dumbledore and the Ministry would do such a thing. And then it hit him. A very close acquaintance of his was part of the Ministry.

Lucius Malfoy.  (Y/N) did mention that the Malfoys and her family had amends with each other for generations. That could be the only explanation. "I know what you're thinking, Severus, and I don't think it is wise."

Dumbledore shook his head and put a hand on Snape's shoulder. "Now that Harry has come to Hogwarts, we believe that it is not safe for (Y/N) to stay here. And, yes, Lucius was the one who had suggested this."

Snape brought his fists into a close. He did not want (Y/N) to leave that quickly because Lucius can do whatever he wants. "Now, Severus, let us control ourselves. We must not argue. We've already decided."

Snape was on the verge of crying, but Dumbledore smiled and reassured him that it is not the end of the world. "However, I have extended her time, and the Ministry won't take her away until the end of the school year."

Snape's fists opened back up again, and he sighed in relief. "I will allow you to see her, but please, don't extend your visiting hours." Snape vigorously nodded his head ad Dumbledore walked out of his classroom.

He smiled and collapsed into his chair behind his desk. "I'll make this a year we'll never forget, (Y/N). I promise you." Snape smiled at the enchanted photo from his childhood as he watched his younger self and young (Y/N) waving at the camera.