Ch17- Enemies of the Heir Beware

Third Persons POV(Y/N) and Snape was talking together down the corridor together currently catching up on each other's teaching

Third Persons POV
(Y/N) and Snape was talking together down the corridor together currently catching up on each other's teaching. "Oh, Severus, it is so wonderful to teach future witches and wizards. They're all so very kind." (Y/N) said, giggling.

Severus grunted, "You just haven't seen my students yet." (Y/N), and Snape heard a small splash of water, and both looked down at their feet to see that their ankles have disappeared. The hall is full of water.

"Ew!" (Y/N) got startled and picked up her gown from getting any further more profound into the water. "What is this?" (Y/N) almost screamed. Sure, many strange things happened at Hogwarts; and most are more bizarre than this one.

"Kill. Kill. I'm going to kill." (Y/N)'s breath hitched when she heard that voice. "Did you hear that?" (Y/N) said, quickly clinging onto Severus's arm. "Hear what?" Snape asked in a more irritated sort of tone.

Snape wasn't annoyed by (Y/N)'s hand touching his, but rather how the water was filling up the hallways. (Y/N) fell to her knees and covered her ears with her hands. "What's wrong?" Snape yelled in a more concerned voice, with fear in his eyes.

(Y/N) exactly knew what this was: 'That's impossible! It can't be— He's not even alive!' Snape spotted all of the students rushing down from the Great Hall towards the empty corridor that is soon filling with people.

(Y/N) couldn't control her ability to speak. She needed to find Dumbledore. "Pull yourself together, (Y/N)." Severus picked (Y/N) up bridal style and walked through the wet halls of Hogwarts. (Y/N) shut her eyes as she felt them turning red.

She refused her best friend to see her in this state, but it was already too late. "You— You can put me down now, Severus," (Y/N) said faintly. "Are you strong enough?" (Y/N) nodded, and Severus put her body down carefully.

"What in Merlin is going on?" (Y/N) held her head as she leaned on Severus for support. "We're about to find out. Come on." Severus grabbed onto (Y/N)'s hand as they walked together down the hall.

They joined the other teachers and looked at where they were all staring at, a wall. (Y/N)'s eyes widened at the message spread out in the wall, in blood: "The Chamber of Secrets has reopened. Enemies of the heir, beware."

(Y/N) then spotted Mrs. Norris, Mr. Filch's cat. She was petrified. (Y/N) covered her hands with her mouth to cover the expression of shock she was feeling. "Enemies of the Heir beware? You'll be next, Mudbloods!" Draco shouted.

(Y/N) turned around and told the Slytherin Prefect to lead the students back to their dorm. "Mrs. Norris is not dead, Argus dear. She has been...petrified." (Y/N) tried to Mr. Filch down, but Professor Lockhart only made it worse with his egotistic logic.

"Ah! I thought so, so unlucky I wasn't there. I know exactly the counter-curse that could've spared her." Lockhart looked around at all the staff, mostly (Y/N), to see if he could get out an impressed reaction.

"You're thinking of the paralysis charm, Gilderoy. Mrs. Norris is in a different state," (Y/N) corrected, making Snape and McGonagall smirked at Lockhart for getting fixed by the witch.

(Y/N) carefully took Mrs. Norris off the wall and held the frozen cat in her arms. (Y/N) looked into Mrs. Norris's yellow, lamp-like eyes and saw the stiff reflection of a giant snake. 'The Basilisk.'

(Y/N)'s thoughts terrified her, and she again looked up at the message on the wall, written in blood. 'That isn't possible! Unless—' "Professor (L/N)," Dumbledore called out to the startled witch.

"How would you like some tea, yes?" (Y/N) replace her scared expression with a warm smile and nodded her head. She handed Mrs. Norris back to Mr. Filch and followed Dumbledore and McGonagall to his office behind the hidden stairway.

"I'll see you later, Sev." (Y/N) lightly touched Snape's shoulder and ran down the hallway to catch up to the Headmaster and Deputy Headmistress. "Sherbet Lemon," McGonagall declared, and the Griffin in the wall began to twist.

"Professor McGonagall and I are very well aware of your situation, (Y/N). Does Severus know about your history with Tom Riddle?" (Y/N) She shook her head "no" and rolled up her sleeve that covered her left arm.

There, on her left forearm: the Death Eaters' mark. Her arm looked as if it was about to burst from under her skin. "It's strange— I can feel him close by, but he's not here." McGonagall horrifically stared at Dumbledore.

"Albus, what is going on?" McGonagall asked. She knows, but she hasn't entirely been aware of what was happening at this moment. "It's true, Minerva, that Professor (L/N) is indeed Voldemort's adoptive daughter."

McGonagall gave (Y/N) a sad look and turned back to Dumbledore. "But that doesn't mean—"

"I'm afraid it does, Professor McGonagall," (Y/N) cut her off. "Though the blood of Tom Riddle may not flow within me, that still makes me his daughter. The curse he placed upon me when I was 16-years-old is still activated."

"That is correct," Dumbledore acknowledged. "Tom Riddle has not only placed a curse up Miss (L/N) but has also passed down the abilities of what he has inherited." (Y/N)'s tattoo was getting bubblier.

It was about to pop or warn her about something. "I believe it wasn't (Y/N)'s doing, but the Chamber of Secrets has reopened once more; therefore, the monster inside of it will carry on with its goal until it is defeated."

Dumbledore walked past McGonagall and stood in front of (Y/N). "Aren't I correct, Miss (L/N)?" Dumbledore asked with a stern but soft glare. "Yes," (Y/N) said, almost on the verge of tears.

"Because of the curse, Tom has made it for me, and only for me to open up the Chamber. I am the heir of Slytherin."