Ch12- A Witch's Mind

~Flashback~(Y/N) laughed while skidding down the rails as if she were riding her broomstick, "Come on, Severus!" (Y/N) said as she was now standing at the bottom of the staircase waiting for her best friend

~Flashback~
(Y/N) laughed while skidding down the rails as if she were riding her broomstick, "Come on, Severus!" (Y/N) said as she was now standing at the bottom of the staircase waiting for her best friend.

"Uh— This is "highly" immature for Sixth-years, and—"

"Hey! We both know that you'll like it; besides, we have about less than fifteen minutes to get to Slughorn's Potions class, so we can wait here all day if—" (Y/N) grunted and fell on her stomach and found Severus lying on top of her.

"You were right, (Y/N): That was fun!" The two were laughing their stomachs off and helped each other stand back up. "See? That wasn't so bad, now was it?" (Y/N) smirked and tilted her head as she stared into Severus's black eyes.

"N-No— I guess not," Severus mumbled while scratching his messy black hair. The two friends stared at each other for a few moments, and they both leaned in closer till their noses were almost touching—

"Less than fifteen minutes?! We only have three! Come on, (Y/N)." (Y/N) internally groaned and almost felt like growing mushrooms in a corner for missing her chances to kiss her crush, but she brushed it off and let Severus drag her across the hall.

"Hey— What's that?" (Y/N) tugged Severus back to where he had bumped his elbow into (Y/N)'s chest. Severus blushed and tried to hide his red face by scowling at (Y/N). "We're going to be late for class, you know."

(Y/N) stifled a laugh and turned around so that Severus would not see her about to fall to the floor from laughing so hard. "What now?" Severus lightly kicked (Y/N) in the side to make her stop laughing and start talking to him again.

"Oh...nothing. I just remembered that Slughorn canceled all his classes today, so I guess we have a free period," (Y/N) said between laughs. Severus stood there and suddenly reminded himself of the announcement Slughorn has told them yesterday.

Severus then collapsed to the floor next to (Y/N) and slightly started laughing with her. "So, what did you stop us for anyway?" Severus said while admiring (Y/N)'s happy expression. "Oh— Right!"

(Y/N) stood back up and pulled Severus to his feet in less than a second. Severus blinked and looked down at himself as to how a small young woman like (Y/N) could pull him off the ground.

"Over there— that mirror. Do you see it?" (Y/N) pointed out began to walk towards it without even thinking. "Is this—"

"The Mirror of Erised," (Y/N) and Severus said simultaneously, and both tried not to laugh again. "Didn't Professor Flitwick tell us a long story about this before?" (Y/N) jumped in front of it and smiled at her reflection; she was ready to see her precious desires.