Ch18- A Misunderstanding Ordeal

(Sorry... I edited this chapter because I needed to make some changes to fix the story line.)

(Y/N)'s POVThat conversation with Dumbledore and McGonagall yesterday made me think

(Y/N)'s POV
That conversation with Dumbledore and McGonagall yesterday made me think. I couldn't sleep fall that night, for my mind was full of stress and guilt. 'The curse— Chamber of Secrets— Giant snake.'

My thoughts were mixed. Dumbledore offered me the day off, but I couldn't— I couldn't leave the children. Not when some of the students have gotten petrified, and the— the Chamber of Secrets.

I pushed those thoughts aside me and walked into my classroom. "Good morning, students!" I smiled and stepped onto the platform next to my desk. I picked up a piece of chalk and began to write our lesson out on the green chalkboard.

"Today we will be looking at—"

I stopped talking about the lesson— Well, I got interrupted from the study by my students. Specifically, Gryffindor and Slytherin were fighting over something. "Don't be ridiculous, Weasley! She's not part of Gryffindor—"

I cleared my throat before Draco could call Mr. Weasley anything else. "Mr. Malfoy, Mr. Weasley. Is there anything you wish to share with the class?" I walked over to the row between Gryffindor and Slytherin.

Mr. Potter broke the silence, "We were just wondering... What House are you in, Professor? I mean— you did mention that you went to school here, at Hogwarts and all..."

"She's probably Hufflepuff." A Gryffindor whispered to another. "Don't be ridiculous!" A Slytherin yelled. "She's Ravenclaw!" The same Slytherin yelled out to Gryffindor. I sighed and walked back over to my desk.

"I'm sure if all of you were quiet, then Professor (L/N) might tell us what House she is in." Miss Granger shushed everyone, making me laugh, but I quickly cover my mouth before I laughed in front of everyone.

"Right. First of all: I'm sorry to disappoint you boys, but I am not in Gryffindor," I said while glancing at Mr. Weasley and Mr. Potter, who got laughed at by Mr. Malfoy and other Slytherin.

"I thought you two would've known what House I am in already, after that accident the other night," I said and looked down at Mr. Potter and Mr. Weasley. "I—I thought you were just joking when you said, 'our House.'"

Mr. Weasley said, trembling in his seat. "What does that even mean?" Mr. Malfoy scoffed. "It means she's in Slytherin." Mr. Potter said out loud to the class and swallowed the lump in his throat.

The door of the classroom suddenly slammed open to reveal Severus in a rather foul mood. More foul than usual. I could see the worried look in his eyes. Another person walked in from behind him.

Lucius Malfoy. I could see the frightened expression on Draco's face when he saw his father walking into my classroom. I stroked Draco's hair and pushed Severus and Lucius out of my classroom.

"You could've just knocked, you know." I folded my hands in front of my abdomen and made eye contact with my old classmates. "That isn't the issue, (Y/N). The Ministry of Magic—"

"That you are not safe here," Lucius interrupted Severus's warning. "Pardon?" I was a bit taken aback by this. "I guess you could say it was his idea," Lucius smirked and stepped aside, showing Cornelius Fudge walking towards us.

"Bad business, Miss (L/N)—" Cornelius grunted when Lucius elbowed him in the side. I knew that look on his face. Something was up. Cornelius cleared his throat and handed me a scroll.

I looked at all three of them before opening up the scroll. I practically skimmed through the parchment of the letter to get right to the point as to why my friends were acting so weird. I hummed and glared up at Cornelius.

I slid my fingers to the two of her scroll and internally smirked at the shocked expression on Cornelius' face when I ripped the scroll in half. "You're going to have to try harder than that if you want to make a letter look convincing," I said in a dark tone and held up the ripped scroll.

"There wasn't even a signature on here." I pointed out while staring at Lucius's flushed face. I heard Severus giving me a sigh of relief; I glanced at him, and he smiled at me. "Then you have no business here whatsoever," Severus teased and pulled me back.

"Now, if you'll excuse us, we have jobs to do, and you do, too." I widened my eyes at Severus' remark, but that wasn't important right now. We were walking down the hall back to my classroom when I brought up the question.

"Are you alright?" I asked Severus, but he didn't answer. When we arrived back at my classroom, Severus opened the door and gently pushed me inside. I looked back at him before he shut the door.

"Professor?" I looked behind me to see all of my students were looking at me with worried— mostly scared— scared looks on all of their faces. Draco and Harry were the only ones standing up from their seats.

I held my left arm behind my back as I felt another wave of pain coming in from my tattoo. "Everything is alright, students. Now, let's carry on with the lesson before class ends. How does that sound?"

I smiled and quickly returned to the front of the classroom with a piece of chalk already in my hand. 'No one— No one is going to take me away. Not this time. Not when the Chamber the Secrets has been reopened.'