Ch9- Treasured Property

~Flashback~Everyone in the Great Hall cheered and raised their glasses, mainly for the seventh-years

~Flashback~
Everyone in the Great Hall cheered and raised their glasses, mainly for the seventh-years. Four students from the Gryffindor table laughed as they watched over Slytherin. "Congratulations, Severus!"

(Y/N) wrapped an arm around Severus's neck and pulled him into a side hug. "Congratulations (Y/N)," Severus smiled and took a sip of his pumpkin juice. (Y/N) followed in-suite and took a sip from her cup.

She chatted with her other friends until a few moments later when (Y/N) dropped her smile. She felt all of the muscles in her body tightening up in knots. She looked up to see James Potter and his friends smirking and raising their glasses.

(Y/N) widened her eyes and put a hand on Severus's shoulder. "Sev- (Y/N) dropped her cup and collapsed on the floor. Slytherin table gasped as Severus came to her aid. He grabbed her cup and stuck his nose in it.

'Draught of Living Dead? But who- no,' Severus looked up and saw that James and his friends disappeared from their seats. Slughorn, McGonagall, and Dumbledore pushed themselves past the crowd and saw (Y/N)'s head lying in Severus's lap.

"Please hand her over, Mr. Snape." Severus was afraid to let go of his friend. He knew she was still alive, but her body felt cold against his body. Her eyes were partly opened but rolled at the back of her head.

Her mouth was closed but partly opened from the liquid dripping down her jaw. The teachers came with a stretcher and carefully placed (Y/N)'s body on it. Severus had to let go of her hand and watched the teachers as they carried her body towards the infirmary.

Severus peered the corner of his black eyes and saw James and his friends snickering. Severus rushed over and pushed James to the ground. "Quit it, Potter, I know it was you. No other person would make a potion for the wrong purpose."

Potter growled and stood up. He smirked and glared daggers at Severus. "Well, unless you're Slytherin." James spat in his face, which earned him a punch to the nose. Slytherin table cheered for Severus while Gryffindor attempted to pull them apart.

"Stop it! Stop it, please!" Lily pushed them apart to make them stop, but Severus take it anymore. James Potter had finally gone over his limits. "Don't interfere, you Mudblood!" Severus pushed Lily and attempted to scratch James.

"Enough! ENOUGH!" McGonagall stepped in and pulled them apart. "You two will spend the rest of your evening in detention! That includes the four of you until we get this settled,"

McGonagall pointed at Lily Evans, Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew, and Remus Lupin and sent them off with Severus and James. "We warned you what will happen if you get in our way, Snivellus."

James growled as Severus was ready to pounce on him again for calling him that. "It would've seemed that you didn't get the hint the first time (Y/N) broke your nose, Potter." Severus glared at James, who was wearing a bandage over his nose the third time.

Severus slammed the door in James's face and sat in detention before James came storming in again with Lily and his friends.

~flashback ends~

"TROLL! IN THE DUNGEON!" Professor Quirrell screeched out in terror as he busted through the large doors of the Great Hall. "TROLL! IN THE DUNGEON!" Quirrell huffed out in exhaustion and collapsed to the floor.

The students rose from their tables and started running towards the door. Dumbledore rose from his seat and yelled at everyone to quiet down. Snape glared down at Quirrell before he ran towards the back door.

Snape sprinted towards the third floor to check to ensure (Y/N) was still safe and secure in her protective case. He sighed in relief once he spotted his friend sleeping peacefully. Snape sighed and traced his fingers over the glass case.

"It's not safe for you here, now that Quirrell is sticking his nose around every corner," Snape growled and rolled his eyes before he pulled out yet another flower and place it on the tabled next to (Y/N)'s body.

Snape quickly rushed out of the room but cut his leg on a broken pillar in the process. He groaned and ignored the pain and went to join the rest of the teachers in the room where he heard the commotion.