Ch13- Constellations of Childhood

~Flashback~"Come on, Severus, we're almost there!" (Y/N) laughed while dragging Severus up the stairs towards the Astronomy Tower of Hogwarts

~Flashback~
"Come on, Severus, we're almost there!" (Y/N) laughed while dragging Severus up the stairs towards the Astronomy Tower of Hogwarts. "Don't pull me so hard!" Severus groaned, not wanting to climb up all those stairs, for he had heard that Lily and James had started dating.

(Y/N) was trying to cheer up Severus by eating dinner together in the Astronomy Tower— With permission from the headmaster, of course. "I—I don't feel like eating tonight."

Severus pulled his arm away from (Y/N) and leaned his body against the stone wall of the Tower. "Hey," (Y/N) rested her hand on Severus's shoulder. "It's not the end of the world—"

"How would know? You've never been in love," Severus grunted, harshly shrugging his shoulders until (Y/N)'s hand fell off. "What do you mean? Everyone's been in love, Severus."

"Even you.?" Severus blinked at (Y/N), who trying to hold in her feelings since her fifth year. "What happened to them—? The person you fell in love with?" Severus was becoming a little interested in this conversation, for he has never seen this side of (Y/N) before.

"They— They fell in love with someone else, but of course, that never stopped me from being friends with them." Severus's eyes glistened, and he stared down at his shoes. He and Lily got into a fight.

He called her a Mudblood: A familiar word that Slytherin is calling to a born outside the magic world. "It's never too late to resolve our mistakes, Severus. Remember: All it takes is a few words to fix a friendship."

"Don't bring Dumbledore's quotes into this," Severus grunted. "But they're true, ain't it?" (Y/N) snickered. "Weren't we going to have dinner in the Astronomy Tower?" Severus sighed and began to walk ahead of (Y/N).

"Yes, sir, we're are!" (Y/N) laughed and grabbed Severus's hand, dragging him up the stairs again. "You'll be there for me, right? When I go apologize to Lily?"

"Severus...since when have I ever broken a promise to you?" (Y/N) whispered while taking a bite out of her fruit. "I just— You're the only friend I've ever had whose hasn't left me yet—"

"Yet?" (Y/N) scoffed. "Were you expecting me to leave you?" Severus looked down at his food then nodded his head. (Y/N) blinked and inhaled a wave of oxygen. "That's never going to happen, Severus—"

"How do you know that—?" Severus said between sniffles.

"Don't you remember that promise we made to each other two years back?" (Y/N) laughed and took a sip of her pumpkin juice. "As I said: I have never broken a promise, and not leaving you is one of them."

Severus's lips lifted into a smile. He couldn't hide it anymore. "Cheers?" Severus raised his chalice. (Y/N) followed in suite, "Cheers, love."

~flashback ends~

"Severus," (Y/N)'s breath hitched when she called out the wizard's name. Snape refused to turn around as he continued to stare out of the large opening of the Astronomy Tower. "Severus, dear, I'm so sorry. I broke our promise."

(Y/N) folded her hands and shook her head. Tears were beginning to fall down her cheeks as she remembered the promise that she had made to Snape all those years ago. "There is no need for an apology, Miss (L/N). For those were, after all, just childish memories."

Severus whipped out a handkerchief and wiped away (Y/N)'s tears. "As soon as you get rid of the snot off your face, I believe we have a lot of catching up to do," Severus said in a gleaming tone that made (Y/N) laugh.

"May I ask— How did you awaken yourself? Surely those antidotes that I have cast upon you never worked at all." (Y/N) finished cleaning up her tears and looked at her friend straight in the eyes.

The same kind of eye contact that (Y/N) had been waiting to fulfill after fourteen years. "Mr. Harry Potter helped me out of my casket. I don't know how he had done it, but he seems like the type of student who is full of surprises, just like his father."

(Y/N) joined Severus behind the giant telescope and admired all of the constellations presented on this brilliant tonight. "Indeed he is," Severus raised an eyebrow and grunted.

Of course, it was Harry Potter. Snape couldn't think of any other person who would even think to find a secret room like the one that Dumbledore had put (Y/N) to protect her. "By the way...that friend you mentioned back then—"

"Oh, no worries, dear. I'm sure they already know and very delighted to have me back." (Y/N) She couldn't help but lean her head on Severus's shoulder. Dumbledore and McGonagall smiled as they watched the two from the doorway.

They turned back around and started walking back downstairs. "Oh, and Lucius? I'll have you know that your request has got denied and that Miss (L/N) will be staying here under the safety of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."

Lucius scoffed and clutched onto his cane even tighter and shoved the documents into Dobby's arms. "Not for long, Albus. We both know who she belongs to," Lucius smirked. Dumbledore cleared his throat and ushered the four of them out of the corridor.

"Albus?" McGonagall asked in a worried tone of voice. "Professor McGonagall, I believe it would be best if we talk more about this in my office."