Ice cream shop cont.

I couldn't really come up with a better title. Oh well. 

—Tori's POV—

As Jade is in the bathroom I continue happily eating my ice cream. Then I sense a presence next to me. I look up to see the girl who was at the counter. She was blonde, average height, brown eyes and a decent physique. She was in her uniform for the shop.

"Hi." She says.

"Hi." I reply.

"How's the ice cream?"

"It's great! Delicious!" I reply.

"I'm glad you like it."

She pauses as I eat a little bit more of my ice cream.

"My name's Ashley." She says and sticks out her hand out to me.

I shake it and she winks.

"You come to the shop often?"

"Not really. I haven't been in a while. Why?"

"That's what I thought. You're new. I haven't seen you around here before."

"I guess so. I forgot how good the ice cream and the service is."

"You think the service is good?" She gives me a seductive look.

--Jade's POV--

I finish up washing and drying my hands and open the door to two people talking. I can recognize Tori's voice. The other voice seems to be the girl who took our order at the counter. Then I hear her say...

"You got a girlfriend?"

Wow, just wow. I can't believe her, she saw me come in with Tori. I walk up and am standing behind her. Tori looks down and then at me, knowing what's coming.

"Turn around." I demand.

She reluctantly turns around and puts her hand on her hip.

"Where?"

"You're looking at her." I say and smirk.

I can see the gears turning as she runs this over in her head. I wonder what she's gonna say?

"Really. You?" She says as she looks me up and down with a grimace.

"Yes. Me. We literally came in together."

"I thought you two were just close friends." She says in defense.

I step towards her a little bit to where I'm looking down on her. If looks could kill she would have been dead already. I wish she was to be honest.

"Looks like we're more than that. Now move so I can sit with MY girlfriend."

"whatever." She scoffs and walks off, back to the counter.

I take my seat across from Tori. I'm surprised I didn't intimidate her as much. Huh.

I look over at the younger Vega. She just witnessed all of that. Well now she knows how much I really care. I love her and I hope she knows that.

"Wow Jade."

"What?"

"You really stood your ground." She says and and takes my hand across the table. "That's why I love you."

"Really?" I ask.

"Of course. I just love the way you protect me and how strong you are. I feel really safe when I'm with you babe."

"I love you too. Especially how cute you are when you pout or laugh. You're just adorable." I say rubbing my thumbs over her hands.

She blushes and takes her hand away to take one more bite of her ice cream. I take one more of mine too.

"I'm full. Ready to go?" She asks.

"Only if you are."

"Then let's go."

Tori grabs her ice cream cup and gets up from the table. I follow suit. We both toss out our melted ice cream and head out to the Plymouth in the parking lot. I take the keys out of my pocket. Tori goes around to her side, opens the door and gets in. I then open the driver's side door and slide in, inserting the main key into the ignition. I turn the key and she rumbles to life.

"Jade?" Tori asks quietly.

I turn to her.

"Yes."

"Just so you know. I would've rejected her."

"That bitch?"

"Yeah."

"I know babe, I just wanted to scare her off. I wanted to protect you."

"Seriously, you're hot when you do it."

I blush a little.  "I have a feeling I'm going to have to do a lot of more of it during school though. At least we're close to summer. Only a few more weeks."

"Yeah. Totally."

 I reverse the Plymouth out of the spot and drive out of the parking lot and back to the Vegas'. Honestly I don't mind staying. It will keep me out of my house. As I drive I place my right hand on Tori's upper thigh and she rests her hand on mine. This is amazing. If only it could be like this forever. 

"What do you want to do tomorrow? It's Sunday and I have a feeling my family wont be home until Monday."

I think for a moment before speaking.

"For starters we could sleep in, make an amazing breakfast and then just shill and do whatever the rest of the day." I say and glance over at her. 

"That actually sounds so nice. I'm in." 

    Soon we get back to the house and I pull the car in the driveway. I turn her off and we both walk up the front door." 

"Jade."

"Yeah Vega." 

"Thanks for tonight. I needed it." 

"Of course babe. Any time." I smile and then she unlocks the door, letting us both in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whew. Took me a while to write that. Thank y'all for reading and leaving your great comments! I love them and it keeps me going on the story.