The Project

—Jade's POV—

I'm currently sitting adjacent to Tori in theatre class. I already had to deal with Beck in the hall. I didn't want to look at him, I didn't want to talk to him and I sure as Hell did not want to be in a group with him. He disgusts me.

I keep glancing at Tori as Sikowitz talks. I finally snap out of my thoughts when I hear that he's picking groups. I'm guessing groups of three.

"Alright let's see." He says and looks around the room.

"Ah. Cat, Andre and Robbie. Jade, Tori... and Beck."

Shit.

I look over at Tori to see her reaction. She looks like she just witnessed a murder. And a bloody one. This was going to be interesting and knowing Sikowitz, we weren't going to be able to change groups. I'll have to keep an eye on Beck. Speaking of the Devil. I look back at him and see a smirk on his face. He's leaning back in his chair and crossing his arms. Oh how I would love to push his chair over.

"Alright, you may all get in your groups to discuss your short scene. I want at least 15 minutes of good acting and writing when you perform or bring in a filmed version for us all to watch. I want Drama!" He finishes with his left hand raised, grasping at the air. Typical.

Fine. I guess I'll have to go through this. I swear if Beck tries or does anything I will hurt him. Badly.

The class all stands up from their chairs and we all get into our groups. I sit next to Tori and Beck takes the chair in front of her. He straddles it and from my view I can almost see what looks like a bulge in his pants. Ew. Gross. I want to VOMIT. I guess I'll hold it in for now.

"So. What are we doing?" He asks more to Tori than me.

Tori shrugs and looks at me.

I roll my eyes.

"How about a drama."

"Hmmm. Seems basic." Beck replies.

"Oh. How about horror?" Tori suggests.

I never in a million years thought she would suggest that. I nod in agreement. We both look at Beck. Two to one.

"Fine. Let's do a short film then." He complies.

"It'll translate better."

"So what are we thinking? What genre?"

"I'm thinking mystery and maybe slasher. It would be fun. We could even leave it on a cliff hanger." I tell more to Tori than Beck.

"That actually kinda sounds like fun. Jade, I'm sure you can write the script. I'll help you out a little bit. I can work on costuming and Beck can film."

"Sounds good to me." I reply.

"Ok. I can get some good equipment from a buddy of mine. I should have it by tomorrow."

"Alright."

I take out a note book from my bag along with a pencil and start jotting down notes. Soon enough the tri tone bell goes off alerting the end of the period. I stash my notebook away and throw my pencil in with it. Tori gets up and I follow her. Beck follows me. We all walk out the door and to our lockers. I dump my bag in my locker and grab my pencil and notebook. Next is my writing class. Thank God.

After I close my locker I make my way to Tori across the hall.

"Ugh I can't believe we have to work with him." She groans, sensing that it's me.

"I know. I know exactly what I want to write. I'll let you help and see it early. You'll love it." I respond.

She turns around to face me, shutting her locker. She's got her books held to her chest. Looks like a long day for both of us.

——//——

Ugh I finally got a chapter out. Sorry for the long wait. I've just been doing so much stuff lately. This is the best we're gonna get for right now. Another chapter should be coming soon.