𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑒

Ever since our picnic, Cirillo has been busy and we haven't seen each other. I start to get restless and bored. There are only so many times you can walk in the garden or ride through town. I decide to go to the mirror. 

     It takes me a long time to find it again, but after almost an hour of searching I find it. I stare into it. I think of where I want to go. The mirror ripples and I put my finger up to it. 

     Suddenly, I am jerked back. 

      "Have you lost your mind?!" Cirillo yells, spinning me around and shaking me by the shoulders. 

       "What did I do?" 

       "If you'd have gone into that mirror, you'd have never come out. You'd been lost in there forever!" 

       "Why?" 

       "Must you be so pigheaded sometimes?" He sighs and runs his fingers through his hair.
       "You don't have magic. You're human."

       That statement frustrates me to no end. 

"You've made me aware of that! Multiple times! I get it, I'm inferior! Must you rub it in my face every chance you get?" I push past him and back into the hall. 

      "Aracelli, wait!" He calls after me, grabbing my arm. 

      "Be grateful you don't have magic. It's power weighs on you like anvils on your shoulders." He brushes past me and disappears into the dark hall.