𝓈𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

Cirillo called an emergency meeting with the privy council because his sources say that they human lands are amassing an army to attack us. 

       "Keir is allying themselves with stronger villages. They are convincing countries with armies. They are carrying around my former spy, a highborn fae, all over this continent, trying to convince rulers to give them men and supplies!" Cirillo was angry. He slammed his fist down on the table, rattling the goblets. "We have to stop this war before it gets out of hand."

      "But they can't get through the barrier!" One of the council members exclaimed.

       "I'm not all powerful so my barrier has weak spots. Besides, the barrier is only around Javaid. If they looked hard enough they could find other fae kingdoms. Smaller, more defenses ones. Milligan, Thya,  Hallidane, and many others. Those kingdoms would crumble under a well-thought-out attack, even from humans. Milligan in the mountains, their army is suffering after the drought. Thya near the ocean won't survive a war. Their population is mostly women and children after the war they fought with Hallidane over border disputes.

      We have to stop them, for the good of the entirety of the fae population."

        Cirillo's voice was harsh and sharp. 

       "Can we not negotiate? Draw up a peace treaty? Why is our first resort violence?" I mused aloud.

        "We tried negotiating. We sent two ambassadors to Keir. Their heads arrived just this morning. Their bodies came this afternoon."

        I shuddered. 

       "I will ride to Aquara tomorrow. Once I'm done there, I will head to Wallant. They are as strong as we are. They are our best option when it comes to winning this war." Cirillo said as he gathered his papers. "I will gather supplies, men, and funds to counter their attacks, when they come."

       "I'll go too." I piped up.

       He spun around to face me. "No, you'll be needed here. When I'm out of the country, you will have to rule. You will make the decisions in my stead. You'll be like a regent."

       "Am I qualified to do that?"

        He gave me a tight smile. "Probably not. But you are the only one I trust." 

      He turned to Abel, who was silently observing the discussion. "Prepare the best men to escort me. You won't be going. I need you here to protect Aracelli  if, heaven forbid, they attack Javaid."

       With that he strode out of the room to prepare for his journey.