𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

Cirillo and I were lounging in our room, he was sitting on the sofa reading reports, and I was laying with my head in his lap, reading a novel. There was a sudden sharp knock on the door. 

      "Your majesty, Lord Abel is back from patrol." 

     Cirillo jumped up, causing me to almost fall off the sofa. He threw open the door. A footman and a tall man with blond hair and blue eyes stood in the doorway. Cirillo yelled joyfully and wrapped the blond man in a hug.  

      "Abel! Brother! I'm glad you're back!" He turned to me. "Aracelli, this is my best friend Abel. He has known me since I was born. We grew up together." His eyes glittered happily. 

     I walked over to Abel and stuck my hand out. He shook it and said "Nice to meet you, your majesty."

     "Please, call me Aracelli." 

      He smiled. "Nice to meet you." He turned back to Cirillo. "She's awful short." 

      Cirillo threw his head back and laughed. "That's what I said." I rolled my eyes.  

     "You are both like children." 

      "We are, but you love me for it. It keeps you on your toes. Literally, because you are so short." I tried hit him playfully on the arm but Cirillo grabbed my hand. "Come, let's all go horseback riding."

     Once we had all saddled our horses, we headed out onto the forest behind the palace. Cirillo and Abel were talking as if they had seen each other just yesterday.

     "How was patrol?"

      "Good." Abel responded. "Nothing to terribly exciting happened. We fought off some thieves and a couple Lawainians. But nothing to worrying." 

      Abel turned his attention towards me. "So, Aracelli, why did you choose to stay with this meathead." He motioned towards Cirillo. 

      I laughed. "I stayed with him for the jewels and the food." 

      Abel laughed at my joke. "Yes, I'm afraid those are the only redeeming factors." 

      Cirillo feigned a wounded expression but I could tell he was glad we were getting along. 

      "I heard about your mishap in the village." Abel said, suddenly growing serious. "What are we going to do?"

       Cirillo sighed. "There's nothing we can do. If they attack, we have to be ready. It's only a matter of time before they start remembering the past. A couple of the older people were alive when it happened so they will remember."

     I couldn't help but feel respond for his problems. 

     "Well if they do attack, we'll be ready." Abel assured him.

      "Yes, we will be."