𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇

Me and Abel were eating lunch in the dining hall. It was silent and eerie. The only sounds were the clink of silverware against our plates. 

       "Why can't I feel him? Why can't I feel him through the bond?" I whispered. 

       Abel looked at me with pity in his eyes. "He's too far away. Aquara is too far away. The bond is weakened over long distances. But you'd know if he was dead. You'd feel a sharp pain in your heart, like it was breaking." 

         I felt the tears slip down my cheek. Abel grabbed my hand. "He'll be alright. He is strong."

        I nodded. Not feeling hungry anymore, I pushed my plate aside. "There's something I need to tell you." 

        Abel stared at me intensely. "What is it?"

        "I'm pregnant."

          He dropped his fork with a clatter and stood up from his chair so quickly that it fell backwards. "Aracelli! That's amazing!"

         I couldn't help my grin. I stood and he hugged me tightly. He looked at me for approval and I nodded, letting him put his hand on my stomach. "How long?" He asked.

         "Three months. I figured out after he left."

        "He doesn't know?" 

         "No."

          Abel looked at me with joy in his eyes. "Cirillo will be so excited."

            I nodded. "I hope it's a boy." 

          "Either way, this child will be loved dearly."

        Three months. It's been three months since Cirillo left. It's been two months since we've heard from him. Two months too long. 

       I'm starting to show a bit. Only Lola and Abel know. I've been wearing looser clothing in order to conceal my bump. I no longer feel as sick in the mornings, but certain smells still make my head spin. 

        I was in my room, laying on my bed reading a novel when Lola burst into my room. The door hit the wall because she threw it open so hard. 

       I jumped up and rushed over to her. "Lola, what's wrong?" I was starting to panick.

       She caught her breath and exclaimed "It's Cirillo! He's back!"

       I ran down the hall. I was full on sprinting to the main hall. I ran through the halls, pulling up my dress to keep from slowing me down. I rounded the corner and I saw him. There he was. He was whole and alive and here.