𝑒𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

He was gone when I woke up. 

         Last night, we had said our goodbyes. We had taken our dinner in our room and spent the night tangled in each other's arms. 

        On my nightstand was a small ruby ring and a note.

          My Aracelli, 

          I will be gone when you read this. I will be back as soon as I can. I trust you when it comes to making any decision regarding the country. 

         I know humans exchange rings when they are married. I have a gold band on my finger and I want you to wear this and think of me. As long as you wear it, I'll be with you always, I will protect you always. 

             Yours, 

                      Cirillo

         My eyes welled up with tears. I slipped the little ring on my finger. It wasn't extravagant like some of the jewelry I wore but I would treasure it none the less. 

       I was nervous to be leading my first council meeting. Abel was there to help me, but still, all the pressure would be on my shoulders. 

       I tried to dress more sophisticated. I wore a simple black dress with sharp lines and very little adornment. My hair was pulled back into a bun at the nape of my neck and a simple silver crown was atop my head. 

        I threw open the door's to the library where the meetings were held. All the men bowed low in respect. 

        "Gentlemen, thank you for coming. I realize I am not you're ideal leader. But I am your leader nevertheless. So I hope you can get used to it." I made my voice tough and unwavering. I sat and they all followed suit. "So, where do we begin."

      Three hours later, we had finally come to a conclusion on where to send our armies. We had decided that two companies would go to each corner of the border and two more to the edge of the barrier that borders Keir. Hopefully this will protect the people on the outskirts of Javaid, not just in the Palace Region. 

       I felt a hand on my shoulder and I heard Abel's voice behind me. "You did well for your first time leading the meeting." 

       "Really?" I turned to face him.

        "Cirillo would be proud." 

        That one statement made all my doubt on my decisions fade away. "Thank you, Abel."