1.9

The next day at school, Andy received many compliments for her hair. She thanked them all but finally Demetri and Miguel noticed.

"What did you do?" Andy felt someone grabbing her hair. Turning her head, she saw the dumbfounded look of Demetri.

"I dyed it." Andy shrugged and went back to what she was doing.

"What? As dark as batman jesus-"

"What he means to say, is you look great." Miguel cut him off, smiling down at the girl. "We match now."

"Yeah, only mines not natural." Andy slammed her locker shut and started walking to class.

"Has anyone seen Eli?" Demetri asked, looking at the two. "I haven't seen him all day, it's weirding me out."

"Probably stayed home today." Andy simply shrugged. "I'm sure he's fine.

Karate class rolled around and Andy was soon walking into the dojo with Miguel. This was the first time she had seen her dad since she walked out on class yesterday. After her and Eli got their hair done, she had stayed at his house to avoid all contact with her father or else she would of exploded.

"What did you do to your hair?" Johnny followed her back to the back room.

"I dyed it." Andy shrugged, setting down her bag.

"Who said you could do that?"

"I did."

"Excuse you? If you haven't noticed you're the child and I'm the parent, you have to do what I say." Johnny demanded, looking smug.

"Yeah but when you insult my friends for things they can't help? When you blatantly ignore me when I tell you to stop? I'll do what I want with my body, got it?"

Everyone standing in that room knew exactly who ran the Lawrence household in that moment.

"If I can't tell you to stop drinking all the time, you can't tell me what I can and can't do with my hair."

Johnny didn't have much to say after that, just walked away. Miguel looked at the girl proudly and Aisha even high fived her.

When class officially started, Miguel announced the absence of three more students, no surprise.

"Bunch of pussies." Aisha said in disgust.

"No, it's my fault." Johnny admitted, taking Andy be surprise. "Since you joined Cobra Kai, I have been hard on you. I've called you names. I've humiliated you. Some of you I've hit. And for that, I don't apologize."

It was too good to be true anyway.

"Cobra Kai is about Strength. If you're not strong on the inside, you can't be strong on the outside. And right now you're all weak. And I know that, because I was you."

His own daughter forgot. She forgot the stories she was told about the times before Karate entered her fathers life. She remembered him being weak, vulnerable, and then his old Sensei Kreese entered his life through Cobra Kai and made him strong. Unfortunately Kreese was a terrible man who only cared about winning and pain.

"I used to have no friends. Used to be the weirdo kid." He pointed towards a small boy with glasses. "Not that weird. I hooked up with babes and all, but...the point is, I wasn't always the badass sensei I am today. Just like a cobra, I had to shed my loser skin to find my true power. And you guys will too."

Andy smiled a bit, she knew he had good intentions, but the way he got there always confused her.

"What? You think even Andy got where she was today just because I'm her dad? No." Andy grew nervous as eyes looked at her. "She got bullied in school, used to cry herself to sleep every night. But then I helped her became who she is. I helped her realize how awesome she is and how strong she can be. Now look at her, one of the best fighters in here and academically smart? I've never been prouder to be her father." Andy smiled, look at her dad. Even if she was mad at him, he was still her father and she still loved him.

The door decided to open then, the bell ringing. Everyone looked over to see Eli walk in.

"Welcome to Cobra Kai." Apparently he didn't recognize him. Andy smiled brightly, and as she connected eyes with him, he winked. Andy giggled at his actions.

"Eli, what happened?" Miguel spoke.

"I'm flipping the script." He answered simply.

"Wait, you the kid with the lip?" Johnny realized. "Nice cut, bro. You see that?" He pointed to Eli. "Doesn't matter if you're a loser or a nerd or a freak. All that matters is that you become badass."

Eli smiled proudly. "Hawk. Fall in."

Hawk.

Andy smirked, she liked it and it definitely fit his new personality. The new hair definitely made him more confident and Andy liked it. For the first time in his life he didn't hide in someone's shadow.

Eli did as told, taking off his shoes and walking onto the mat next to Andy.

"Fear does not exist in this dojo, does it?"

"No sensei." Eli answered strongly.

"Weakness does not exist in this dojo, does it?"

"No sensei." Andy answered.

"Pain does not exist in this dojo, does it?"

"No sensei." Aisha answered.

"Defeat does not exist in this dojo, does it?" Johnny stood right in front of Miguel.

"No sensei." He answered.

"Class, are you ready to learn the way of the fist?"

"Yes sensei!"

Class went on like normal, Johnny abusing kids and his daughter reminding him of when we went too far. It was like clockwork.

What Andy didn't expect, was the conversation she had afterwards.

After she exited the bathroom from changing into normal clothes, Eli ran up behind her and grabbed her wrist.

"Mind if I ask you something?" He smirked down at her.

"Yeah sure." She smiled and turned around. Instead of letting go, Eli laced their hands together. For some reason, that made Andy blush.

"I've been meaning to ask you something but i've never had the confidence." He muttered, slightly shy.

"What's up?" She giggled, looking him in the eyes.

"I was maybe, wondering if, you would want to go out sometime?"

Andy was dumbfounded. Eli-Hawk had just asked her on a date. He liked her? Searching her brain for every moment they spent together, slowly she put the pieces together.

Her mind flew to Miguel. Of course she liked him, everyone knew it. But miguel liked Sam, so Andy was out of the question. Could going on a date with Hawk be that bad?

"Does this weekend work for you?"