.2

"So you got fired for calling her a bitch?"

"No-I said to stop bitching at me not that she was a bitch."

"Damn dad."

Andy just left the movies, after receiving a text from her father saying to call him as soon as possible. Luckily Eli and Demetri were understanding and let her go quickly, despite their agreement for dinner after. She planned to make it up to them the next day.

"I know, now I gotta find another Job," Johnny said irritably on the other end.

"I could see about getting you in at the convince store?"

"No thanks kid, not really looking to hanging out condoms and soda all damn day," He sighed.

"I'll ask around, okay? We'll figure this out like we always do."

"Thanks, An. I'll stop by during your shift okay?"

"kay, bye dad." Johnny didn't say bye back before he hung up, he never did.

Andy made her way home, waving to a women on her way inside that looked an awful lot like Miguel. The women waved back before Andy walked inside, readying herself for her shift by changing from her sweaty clothes into more proper clothes.

"Hey Andy!" Andy smiled at Miguel as he came around the corner with a laundry basket, the same woman from earlier following behind him.

"Hey Diaz, Ms Diaz, I'm guessing?" Andy smiled at the woman.

"I'm Carmen, Miguel's mom, nice to meet you," Carmen held out her hand for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you Ms Diaz, I'm Andrea but everyone calls me Andy."

"Oh please, call me Carmen, Mrs Diaz is my mother," the woman smiled.

"Okay Carmen," Andy giggled, smiling brightly at the two, polar opposite from her father.

"Where are you going?" Miguel asked, confused. "Didn't you just get back?"

"Oh yeah, I'm on my way to work. I work down at the convince store down the street." She pointed down the road. "Should come by sometime, be nice to see someone I know other than my dad."

"We'll have to do that," Carmen smiled, noting the heart eyes her son was giving her. "You and your father will have to come over for dinner sometime."

"My dad...he's not too great with people. Kind of despises them really," Andy cringed, hoping the older woman wouldn't get offended.

"Well than you'll just have to come over if he won't. Of course with his permission."

"Of course, I'd love that. But I must really be going now."

"Right sorry, see you later?" Miguel smiled nervously, showing his braces.

"Probably see you soon Diaz. Bye Carmen." For the second time that day, Andy set down her board and skated off.

"You did that on purpose didn't you?"

"You like her, hush."

Andy didn't hear their conversation, already too gone to realize they were even talking.

By the time the younger girl reached the connivence store, she was almost late. After apologizing to Marcus behind the counter, she slipped her name tag on her shirt and got to work stocking the shelves while Marcus sat behind the counter. A lot needed to be done, as Marcus wasn't the most responsible and Andy hadn't been there in 2-3 days.

An hour or so later, Andy heard the door open and glanced up, smiling at her father who gave her a dull one back. She understood his hard day and let it go.