2.9

The next day, Andy had a hard time getting out bed. She didn't want to move, but there was a pounding at the door that she had to get up for.

A groan left her lips as she walked towards the door, swinging it open. She was almost immediately awake.

"Hey." Miguel mumbled quietly.

"Hey." She said in return. A few moments of awkward silence passed.

"Can I come in?" He finally asked. Andy sighed and nodded, going into the kitchen to make coffee. "Listen, about last night..."

"We were upset, and drunk." Andy quickly said before he could say anything more. It was a little lie. The kiss meant something to her, but nothing to him. "That's it." Miguel was silent for a while.

"Yeah, that's it." He finally said. "So we're good?" She nodded. It took him a few minutes to realized her eyes were rimmed in red and puffy. "Have you been crying?" Andy only nodded.

"Hawk cheated on me at the party. Made out with Moon." She smiled sarcastically.

"What? I'm so sorry." He reached over and grabbed her hand. "I should of been there for you last night..."

"His explanation was revenge cause I was mad at him for staring at her..."

"What an ass. I mean seriously, it's his loss. A giant one at that." Miguel sighed.

"Thanks." Andy nodded, looking down. "Was it my fault? I mean, I was mad at him so did I-"

"Shut up." She did as told. "You didn't do shit. Did you walk over and force them to kiss? No? Then you didn't do anything. Hawk did, and I'll give him the beatdown of his life if I have to."

"Thanks, Diaz..." Andy smiled softly at him. "Can we just like, stay in all day? A Diaz-Lawrence day?"

"Absolutely. I have a wicked hangover and am ready for a nap." Andy laughed at his words.

The two did just that, spent all day in together. They cuddled and slept and watched movies. Eventually she did have to go give Aisha's car back, but then they went right back to what they were doing.

Days passed. Andy barely left her room. She didn't want to. She didn't want to see anyone. Her friends blew up her phone, especially her brother, but she ignored everyone. Eventually Tournament day rolled around, and Andy knew she had to go. She didn't train for nothing.

It took a while to get her dad out of bed. He had done the same as she did, locked himself in his room and ignored everyone. He only left to go get more beer, and didn't even eat. But after he finally got out of bed, showered, and changed, he was ready for the tournament.

Andy got to drive the new car, excited at the speed. Johnny laughed at the girl and her smile that he kind of missed.

"We're gonna have to do this without him."

"Do what without me?" Johnny approached the group of students. Hawk's eyes landed on Andy, who only kept hers on the other three. She wasn't ready to look him in the eye.

"We didn't think you were gonna show up." Hawk said honestly.

"I may not always win but I never back out of a fight." Johnny muttered.

"Alright. Let's sign up." Miguel looked annoyed.

"Not yet. There's one more lesson I have to teach you." Andy glanced at Aisha in confusion.

After gathering everyone inside, he started.

"You've all learned to strike first, to be aggressive, not be losers. I taught you to strike hard, put every ounce of your power behind everything you do. But I haven't taught you the third rule of Cobra Kai. 'No Mercy.' The older you get, the more you're gonna learn that life isn't fair. You wake up one morning feeling great, and then life throws a spinning heel kick to your balls, takes a big steaming shit in your mouth. You get an F on a test, you get suspended, You fall in love with a girl and some other dude comes and steals her away, you get cheated on, car gets set on fire. Just when you think things are going good, everything falls apart. That's how it goes. Life shows no mercy, so neither do we. We do whatever it takes to keep our heads above water. We do whatever it takes to keep moving forward. We do whatever it takes to win! Remember who you are. You're badass. You don't give a shit. You kick ass! You're Cobra Kai."

"COBRA KAI!" Miguel screamed. Everyone cheered with him.

"Alright guys, let's get down there and kick the shit out of everybody!" Johnny announced. Everyone cheered and Miguel reached in his bag to grab his Gi.

"No. We're not wearing those." Andy smirked.

After Andy got the box of new Gi's from the car, the Cobra Kai students went to get dressed. Because there was no separate locker rooms, the boys destined a corner to Aisha and Andy, and would threaten to punch anyone wanting to go back there.

"Hey An, there's someone out here asking for you." Andy gave a nod and finished her braids, walking outside the locker room to see.

"Andrea?" Turning around, Andy spotted a woman. She looked familiar, so familiar but Andy couldn't place where she knew her from. Her hair was dark, almost black, and her skin was tanned. Her chocolate brown eyes stared right into Andy.

"Hi, can I help you?" She offered kindly.

"Oh my, you're so grown now." The woman looked to be on the verge of tears. "Right sorry, you probably don't recognize me."

"Not really."

"I'm Vanessa, your mom."