.9

"In order to strike first you have to know how to strike." Johnny yelled at his students, standing in front of a punching dummy. "Cobra Strike is composed of two parts."

"The lunge." He took a step forwards. "Which requires you to use your whole body. and the bite." and then His fist connected with the 'teeth' of the dummy. "Which is everything that happens after you make contact."

Miguel watched intensely, paying attention but also not. He wanted to ask Andy why she ran off at Lunch and why she was so quiet for the rest of the day.

"You don't stop here where the knuckle hits the bone, you punch through the bone like the guy you really want to hit is behind this asshole." Johnny motioned, making Andy's mind flash to Sam. Johnny then demonstrated how to punch, making a loud noise as he did.

"Strike here, you bloody his nose, strike here you break his teeth, strike here you could severely damage his trachea." Miguel gave him an odd look. "Obviously that's only for extreme situations."

"Alright, line up." Johnny motioned them forward. Andy stood in front of the dummy, barely processing how her father got a phone call and moved away. Standing in front of the doll, it slowly morphed into the face of Samantha, making it easier to punch.

"So what happened at Lunch?" Miguel stepped back in surprise as Andy's fist flew forward and connected hard with the doll.

"What are you talking about?" She mumbled, punching again.

"Uh, you ran off, Eli said you weren't feeling well." Miguel muttered, almost nervous to ask as she punched again.

"Like Eli said, I wasn't feeling well, must of been a stomach bug from breakfast or something. I'm fine now." Andy finally connected eyes with Miguel, seeing his worried eyes. "Seriously Diaz, I'm good. Your turn."

Miguel stepped up, and raised his fist weakly. He began to punch it gently, mostly messing around to make Andy laugh, which worked. The girl began to giggle as even after her father and her's demonstration, he still didn't punch it like he meant it. He smiled lightly at her giggles, liking the sound after her pouting all day.

"Nonononono, you're doing it all wrong." Andy was still smiling as her father came back from his phone call. "What do you want those kids at school to keep dumping shit on your head? You want all the girls to think your a wangless dork? Cause you can stop your training right now and walk out that door and let the whole world know you're a loser."

Andy couldn't help a small snicker at his 'wangless dork' comment. But he was right about the rest.

"Or you could plant your feet, look your enemy in the eyes, and PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE!" Miguel did as told, getting into his fight stance. "Picture your enemy...Alright you got a picture in your mind? What you gonna do?"

Miguel swung his fist back and punched the dummy hard. Smiling lightly, she watched him go again and again. She remembered her days of training, mostly picturing her mother back then, hating her for giving up on herself which meant she gave up on Andy.

Hours later, Andy was sweeping the floor as Miguel washed the windows to the office, her father inside filling out the insurance application. Miguel was playing music, which meant he didn't want to talk and Andy was okay with that, it gave her time to think.

She thoughts about Sam, Aisha, her dad, Eli, Demetri, but mostly Miguel and whether or not she should tell him her feelings. With his new infatuation with Sam, he wouldn't be the least bit into her, but it might help her get over him.

She was so lost in her thoughts it wasn't until her father yelled at Miguel to clean the toilets that she started to pay attention to her surroundings.

"And do that one on your hands and knees!" Johnny smiled teasingly, forgetting Miguel would take him seriously.

"Dad!" Andy tried to scold but laughed a bit, knowing he would in fact comply and do as told. The younger girl was collecting the sweeped up mess into the dustpan and throwing it away when the bell jingled open. Turning around, she didn't expect to see Daniel LaRusso walking inside.

"LaRusso?" Andy looked at him in confusion, which he only spared her a glance as he looked around in amazement.

"Welcome to Cobra Kai-" Johnny stopped as he saw LaRusso, having not heard his daughter. Andy inched closer to her dad, uncomfortable around the other male.

"Somethings never change..." LaRusso mumbled.

"Yeah what're you talking about?" Johnny yelled, annoyed. Andy slowly inched towards the back, where she knew Miguel was. Leaning against the wall, she watched him cringe at the toilets.

"You good?" He almost screamed as her voice overlapped his music.

"Don't do that."he panted, trying to calm his heart. Andy laughed a bit, apologizing.

"Yeah I'm good, are you good?" Miguel teased.

"I'm good."

A few minutes later, Miguel stood up, having finished.

"BATHROOM'S CLEAN! Is there anything else you need me to do?" Miguel exited the bathroom, finding the two males in a face off. Johnny held out his hand, indicating for them to not come any closer.

"I'm sorry Sensei." Miguel immediately apologized, despite it not being his fault.

"Sensei? Really? Oh my god Kid i don't know what this guy has told you but you shouldn't believe a word he says or you're gonna end up exactly like him."

"You son of a bitch! my dad is a wonderful man! Why don't you reevaluate your children before you decide to poke your nose into everyone else's business." Andy snapped. Everyone started at her in surprise, Miguel more in awe and Johnny more in pride but still, surprise.

"Me and you...this, we aren't done." LaRusso went to walk away, making Andy scoff.

"I'm right here man." LaRusso turned as he said that, looking at Johnny who was holding his arms out, like he was idiot. He then waved him away and walked out the door.

"I'm sorry if I interrupted anything Sensei, should i do 20 push ups on my knuckles?" Miguel apologized as Johnny approached the windows to see if LaRusso had gone.

"Haha like you could." He said sarcastically. Andy watched as the two older males made eye contact through the window, glaring holes into the other.

Finally LaRusso drove away, and Johnny turned to go back to his office.

After dismissing both kids, Miguel and Andy walked home together.

"Hey, that guy at the dojo...who is he?" Miguel asked, curiosity shinning in his eyes.

"Um, that's not my story to tell...just know he's not good. He's been a dick to my dad for years." Andy muttered, remembering the dealership and how he made all those comments, although he did let them off on the cost so, maybe not a total dick just too conceded and stuck in the past.

"Well if you guys don't like him, then neither do I." Miguel smiled proudly.

"Thanks Diaz."