.4

Andy was the first awake the next morning, her eyes peeling open to find the sun just starting to rise. For a few minutes she kind of sat there and took in her situation. Finally, she felt the need to stretch and as she tried, she found her hand slightly restricted. Looking up, Andy was confused.

Miguel's larger hand was in her own, holding it in a comforting way.

'Oh no...did I have nightmares again?' Andy hoped and prayed she did not and gently pulled her hand from Miguel's, which made the boy let out a small noise and roll over.

The younger girl sighed in relief and got up from the bed, first going to the bathroom to change into her clothes, not even bothering to put on her shoes. Before she went back to Miguel's room, she glanced around the apartment and found everyone still asleep, giving her enough time to slip away.

Going back to the bedroom, she folded up the blankets and sheets that were used to make the air mattress comfortable, and set the pillows on top. Then she folded up the shirt and shorts she had worn and set them in a pile next to that. The final touch was a $10 bill on top of the clothes, in order to pay for whatever trouble she had caused.

Grabbing her shoes and bag, she glanced over at a still sleep Miguel and smiled softly, leaning down to press a soft kiss to his cheek as another thank you. She missed the smile on his face as she turned to leave the room and the apartment.

Miguel was woken up by the sound of his front door closing, and opened his eyes to hopefully find the sight of Andy, but instead got her piles of folded things instead. He couldn't help but feel disappointed and grabbed his phone to see if she had texted him, having got her number the night before.

Andy <3

Hey, I just left I'll see you later okay? Thanks again for letting me stay over❤️

Yeah of course no problem, see you later

Miguel flopped back down on his bed, and within seconds fell asleep again.

Meanwhile Andy was in her room, dressing herself to go to the mini mart and get her fathers car before going to get him from the police station. The station told her she would have to pay $200 bail which meant she would have to dip into their emergency money in order to get him out.

Grabbing her skateboard, phone, keys, and bag, she slipped on her black boots and left the apartment once again. While she was locking the door, she didn't notice the elderly woman leaving the apartment across from hers to get the mail.

"Hola, ¿es Andrea?(Hello, are you Andrea?)" Andy spun around and smiled.

"Sí, soy Andrea, hola, debes de ser el Yaya de Miguel. (Yes I'm Andrea, hi you must be Miguel's Yaya)"

"Sí, soy Rosa. (Yes, I'm Rosa)" Rosa held out her hand for a handshake.

"Encantado de conocerte pero debo de irme. (Nice to meet you but I must be going)" Andy shook her hand.

"Sí, of course. Wonderful to meet you." Rosa smiled, finally talking in english.

"Bye Ms Rosa!" Andy shouted and waved before skating off. Rosa watched her go, finding her almost perfect for her grandson.

"You're firing me?!" Andy looked at Marcus like he was stupid. He simply shrugged, like he didn't care.

"You know what? Fuck this job and fuck you!" Andy flipped him off and left the shop, slamming the door on the way out and heading towards the still sitting red car.